The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What’s new to you?

My lovely sister-in-law sent us a care package from my wife’s home country of Belarus. She sent some puzzles for my son, cosmetics for Iryna and these three shaving soaps and two new deodorants

The shaving soaps are TDS Cosmetics, from Vitabsk, Belarus.

• The Green one is Evergreen Juniper, it smells divine!!! The site lists the scent as, "Refreshing, resinous, courageous, smoky, noble, dear, soothing, coniferous; with hints of aromas of meadow grasses and forest, with tart spicy notes." I'm really excited to try this one, the reviews I've seen, seem to paint it in a really positive light.
    • Ingredients: potassium and sodium salts of fatty acids of vegetable oils (coconut, shea, cocoa) and their unsaponified parts, shungite water, stearic acid, glycerin, citric acid, avocado oil, composition of essential oils.
  • The Red one is Sandal Note(Note of Sandalwood), Has a flowery sandalwood scent, it is pretty light. Interesting description from their site "The warm woody note of sandalwood helps to enlighten thoughts, relax, and tune in to a contemplative, meditative mood."
    • Ingredients: potassium and sodium salts of fatty acids of vegetable oils (coconut, shea, cocoa) and their unsaponified parts, shungite water, stearic acid, sea salt, citric acid, avocado oil, vegetable glycerin, lactic acid, titanium dioxide, hydroxyethyl cellulose, vitamin E , D-limonene (citrus peel fragrance), Amiris essential oil (West Indian sandalwood).
  • The Blue one is Menthol, this one has a straight forward frosty menthol scent, exactly what I was hoping for. The site description is, "Fresh, minty, frosty aroma, with a slight cooling effect."
    • Ingredients: potassium and sodium salts of fatty acids of vegetable oils (coconut, shea, cocoa) and their unsaponified parts, shungite water, stearic acid, menthol, glycerin, citric acid, avocado oil.
View attachment 41468
  • Dead Sea Minerals Blue Wave: I've been using this brand by Mon Platin, of Israel for the last 4 years. I have my sister-in-law buy me 10 sticks at a time, which I reimburse her for. They recently came out with these new scents, so this is the first time I've tried this one. This one has a really nice cologne aquatic scent. I think it will be a keeper as long as it doesn't cause a reaction.
  • Dead sea Minerals Green Nature: Very reminiscent of a cologne styled Irish Spring, but updated and more of a sport scent. I like it a lot.
View attachment 41469

A note on TDS, they are very hard to find online, searching in English, here is a link to their site: ТДС.БЕЛ | ИНТЕРНЕТ-МАГАЗИН

Reviews to follow. Best wishes my friends.
Matt

Looking forward to hearing more on the soap.

Vintage Paco Rabanne aftershave
yI8X4c0.jpg

View attachment 41651
also, not pictured, a generous coffee sample that I GREATLY appreciate. both scents smell FANTASTIC!

Black Friday soaps were off my radar last few years so it may have been this way then, BUT, kudos to @Joe Hackett for putting the soap into a tub rather than a puck. The “pucks in mugs” just don’t do it for me 🤷‍♂️
I hope mine roll in soon. I can’t wait to smell them.

More Black Friday goodness...

A “custom” Spider-Man Rockwell 6S:

0BC06792-43DF-42B2-80FC-E91F330A5788.jpeg
ABE98779-8A2D-47D5-879D-830CD19899F8.jpeg

They wouldn’t sell it to me like this, so I had to order two to make it. But the Black Friday discount helped. (The reverse is available if interested)

And some new scents from Victory. These smell great! These two, along with the TSC soap are definitely my favorites from Victory.
EB217E50-210B-4B70-9A18-3D64984218F5.jpeg

Just waiting on my Stirling order now.

View attachment 41651
also, not pictured, a generous coffee sample that I GREATLY appreciate. both scents smell FANTASTIC!

Black Friday soaps were off my radar last few years so it may have been this way then, BUT, kudos to @Joe Hackett for putting the soap into a tub rather than a puck. The “pucks in mugs” just don’t do it for me 🤷‍♂️
Interested to see what you think of Scarn!
E5284AFB-3924-46E1-979C-0F5F43E2DBBA.gif

This came in and it's killing me!
6fefe615b9d1e1f344493bb5df98e7e3.jpg

Ever received a soap you know you've never tried (on this case, any of this brand) but the scent is absolutely a duplicate of something you've smelled.

Time to see if I have that soap or if it was a sample. I may never figure it out. Arghhh! 🤣

giphy.gif

Ever received a soap you know you've never tried (on this case, any of this brand) but the scent is absolutely a duplicate of something you've smelled.
Yep. I just got one the other day that was VERY familiar, but I still could not place it.

I'm going to completely go off the deep end here, now:

I think what Tomas (Tobacco Vanilla and spices) might be reminding me of is Flak Bait (Blackcherry rum and smoke). WEIRD!

They obviously don't smell alike, I just checked, but have some similarities in dark depth of scent and bite (rum/smoke vs bitter tobacco/spices, maybe?). It's just weird.

I absolutely could have tried another soap that is the same... But this is what I've found so far and they're closer scents than you'd think, based on their wildly different ingredients.

*YMMV, as usual...
** @mrdoug is crazy, as usual. [emoji1787]

Back