The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What’s new to you?

Some Soap Commander (True Rose) shaving soap from a very generous fellow wet shaver.
OrbiYjp.jpg

A new razor created with a collaboration between WSC (Wet Shave Club) & Yates Precision. Made of all 316/L SS via CNC process it is a complete new design that exhibits excellent grip and balance.

Looking forward to what it can do....
View attachment 39674
View attachment 39675
View attachment 39676
View attachment 39677
View attachment 39678
View attachment 39679
View attachment 39680
I can’t wait to read your thought on it. I’ve been very impressed with what Jake puts out.

This weekend I found a Gillette Big Boy Gold Deluxe while out looking for baskets and other Christmas type stuff at a couple of antique shops in downtown Saint Charles. This razor was made in 1930 and had several variants which were born from the 1920's Big Fellow Old type. In 1929-1930, as the Gillette New was rolling out, these razors made their entrance. The evolution of this model went as follows: Big Fellow old type, Big Fellow New Improved, New De Luxe Big Boy Chrome, New De Luxe Gold Big Boy, New Big Boy Hybrid Short Comb(twist off top Cap). Attached are a few photos of the new razor and comparisons to the shorter handled Big Boy Hybrid and then a Gillette Fatboy for reference.

IMG_6463.jpgIMG_6465.jpg

IMG_6466.jpg
Big Boy De Luxe on the left, Big Boy Hybrid on the right.
IMG_6467.jpg
Big Boy De luxe on the right, followed by Big Boy Hybrid, and Fatboy.

Back