The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What’s new to you?

@GearNoir not exactly sure what year that was, didn't really look, but it is a newer one, maybe 10 years old, but unused. I would need to look at the bottom stamp to be sure.
@GearNoir , actually to be more accurate - it is a mash up of different parts, as I said the outside case is around 10 I think, the inside unit is fairly new, probably only a year or two old, also unused, and the tin packaging it is in is probably around 20 years old. How that for an answer, lol

@GearNoir , actually to be more accurate - it is a mash up of different parts, as I said the outside case is around 10 I think, the inside unit is fairly new, probably only a year or two old, also unused, and the tin packaging it is in is probably around 20 years old. How that for an answer, lol
Lol works for me! I was just wondering. Looked like it had some stressing/patina on it.

Merz Delivery .....

Palmolive Shave Sticks
Floris No. 89 Aftershave
Floris No. 89 Shave Soap
Proraso Alum Block

wwrAvcRl.jpg

Was mowing the lawn, and saw the mail truck drive buy and thought "oh it would be nice if my brushes showed up today, but why get worked up, you know they aren't here". So, I finished the lawn, went inside, and did my shower and shave. After that I just decided to refresh my USPS tracking, and in big bold green letters it said "DELIVERED". Well after several girly "OMG!" shouts while looking for my sandals and the mail key, I acquired my new stash. Tomorrows shave will be epic!

Left to right:
Yaqi Lucky Dice Tuxedo 26mm
Yaqi Timberwolf 24mm
Yaqi Sagrada Familia Two Band Badger 22mm

20200919_135705.jpg

20200919_135729.jpg

I think it’s new. But I found out the small one is a doctor’s knife with a dull blade for crushing pills. Never heard of such a thing!
View attachment 35456
I’m a little late to the party, but the blunt end of the handle is for crushing, the dull blade is a spatula.... I’ve been eyeing the doctors knife for years, that one sure is a beaut’! 😍

Back