The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What’s new to you?

Italian Barber said they were made by the same plant that use to make Astra Platinum so I thought they might be smooth. Haven’t used them yet as I have been playing with new razors

Italian Barber said they were made by the same plant that use to make Astra Platinum so I thought they might be smooth. Haven’t used them yet as I have been playing with new razors
No worries Mark. I'll give them a go and see. Wouldn't be the first company with a dud blade and a winner too (y)

Surprise package from the Fluffy himself! Super nice and some soaps for me and/or the pass around. I like em all, but I’ll also be making some samples to be added to the pass box.

View attachment 35451
Is it just me Dave. Or is the juniper scent the strongest in the Spitfire soap? And the Raspberry the strongest in the New City. What's your opinion? At least I found one type of "Tabac" that you might like. ;)
There is another package out there in the postal system. Farther than Kentucky and closer that Cali. Not sure why it hasn't made it yet. Maybe the ticking noise. :unsure:

Clearly someone has been contacted by Federal Agents doing a background check on Yours truley. The “paper straw” incident of 2019 must have been a topic of discussion because I have been sent a package of 75ct NEON FLEXI STRAWS...banned in California since Jerry Brown’s re-election.View attachment 35352
What kind of jerk would put you in peril by sending you that horrible contraband!?!?!?

What kind of jerk would put you in peril by sending you that horrible contraband!?!?!?
I don’t know but the packaging (and it was packaged quite well) had a faint odor of forged steel. The paper and tape were wound in such a way as to indicate the “jerk” was almost certainly missing a digit on the hand hold the item while it was wrapped. ...and I swear there was a long hair in the package that didn’t belong to anyone in MY household.

I don’t know but the packaging (and it was packaged quite well) had a faint odor of forged steel. The paper and tape were wound in such a way as to indicate the “jerk” was almost certainly missing a digit on the hand hold the item while it was wrapped. ...and I swear there was a long hair in the package that didn’t belong to anyone in MY household.
That all sounds vaguely familiar. We had someone on the site like that some time ago didn't we? If it's who I'm thinking of, he definitely wasn't all there and would more than likely do something like that.

Back