The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What’s new to you?

Well some vintage Old Spice came home today along with some unexpected finds while looking at the OS stuff! All the OS AS are full and smell incredible. The OS Signature AS is a new thing to me from early 2000's but smells very nice also. The deodorant container is empty but the "Short Cut" pomade is full. Two beer steins and three shaving mugs to round it out...

IMG-2047.jpgIMG-2049.jpg

Now the extra stuff...Hey do you just collect Old Spice Stuff"...nope I say..."I have some other vintage AS if your interested?"..."what you got?"....

IMG-2051.jpg

Now that 50's vintage AV is only a little over a quarter full but NOW I know why people say the new stuff ain't like the old stuff. The English Leather still has the plastic stopper sealing the bottle on the inside and the Brylcreem Cologne very, very nice. Another set of acquisitions approved by my head CEC operative Mrs S. (man. she's good...she might even be better than old "good lookin" himself!) :sneaky:

Well some vintage Old Spice came home today along with some unexpected finds while looking at the OS stuff! All the OS AS are full and smell incredible. The OS Signature AS is a new thing to me from early 2000's but smells very nice also. The deodorant container is empty but the "Short Cut" pomade is full. Two beer steins to round it out...

View attachment 33474View attachment 33475

Now the extra stuff...Hey do you just collect Old Spice Stuff"...nope I say..."I have some other vintage AS if your interested?"..."what you got?"....

View attachment 33477

Now that 50's vintage AV is only a little over a quarter full but NOW I know why people say the new stuff ain't like the old stuff. The English Leather still has the plastic stopper sealing the bottle on the inside and the Brylcreem Cologne very, very nice. Another set of acquisitions approved by my head CEC operative Mrs S. (man. she's good...she might even be better than old "good lookin" himself!) :sneaky:
LOVE the Williams bottle and on my find list. CONGRATULATIONS on even 1/4 bottle 👍

LOVE the Williams bottle am6on my find list. CONGRATULATIONS on even 1/4 bottle
You got to know Dave when he said he ONLY collected Old Spice...and may I add quite the collection it is and then dropped the three bottles on the table...well I almost dropped on the table...yup I will take those too...an excellent day.

Mail call
Ariana&Evans Peach&Cognac Set
Ariana&Evans Undersea set
Ariana&Evans Asian Plum Aftershave
Declaration Grooming/Chatillon Lux La Petite Prairie
Wolf and Whiskers Poseidon's Lair color theme in DWW-NG shape
Talbot Shaving Okuma (soap only)
c4a1acc98f2c7f1a376568e29e0a8618.jpg

Sent from my SM-A505FN using Tapatalk

Mail call
Ariana&Evans Peach&Cognac Set
Ariana&Evans Undersea set
Ariana&Evans Asian Plum Aftershave
Declaration Grooming/Chatillon Lux La Petite Prairie
Wolf and Whiskers Poseidon's Lair color theme in DWW-NG shape
Talbot Shaving Okuma (soap only)
c4a1acc98f2c7f1a376568e29e0a8618.jpg

Sent from my SM-A505FN using Tapatalk
Nice haul...

SCORE!!!!! This guy just showed up after over a MONTH AND A HALF in shipping purgatory....... I contacted the seller 3 weeks in and requested a refund, he responded with “hey boss im sorry i even talked to usps about this and they cant give me answers either im just gonna completely refund you for the trouble and hopefully one day it finally makes it to you, if it does, enjoy! im sorry again for this and the inconvenience.”

I’m really glad it showed up, but I’m feeling like I should contact the seller and let him know. Though, it was an insured package...

What would you guys do?

Peter J. Michaels, C-Mon
Cadillac
0FB8EDC3-212A-42A3-BFE4-19ABC3270EE2.jpeg

SCORE!!!!! This guy just showed up after over a MONTH AND A HALF in shipping purgatory....... I contacted the seller 3 weeks in and requested a refund, he responded with “hey boss im sorry i even talked to usps about this and they cant give me answers either im just gonna completely refund you for the trouble and hopefully one day it finally makes it to you, if it does, enjoy! im sorry again for this and the inconvenience.”

I’m really glad it showed up, but I’m feeling like I should contact the seller and let him know. Though, it was an insured package...

What would you guys do?

Peter J. Michaels, C-Mon Cadillac
View attachment 33546
I am one for Kharma @Luecke3262 ...if its me I contact the guy and let him know it arrived.

What would you guys do?

View attachment 33546
I've had situations like that and pay for what I got. He did right by you and deserves the same. JMHO

By the way, it's beautiful

Last edited:

What would you guys do?

View attachment 33546

I agree with the others. You have to do right by the guy.

Nice score BTW.

I am one for Kharma @Luecke3262 ...if its me I contact the guy and let him know it arrived.
I've had situations like that and pay for what I got. He did right by you and deserves the same. JMHO

By the way, it's beautiful
I agree with the others. You have to do right by the guy.

Nice score BTW.
Thanks guys, I just contacted him! It’s in such great condition, I have no problem paying him for it!
Matt

Back