The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What’s new to you?

No such thing as a stupid question. It’s a rally chronograph...or “drivers” chronograph. So left hand stays on the steering wheel, right hand shifts. Unless you’re in Europe where they drive on the opposite side. In short the chrono function and split time function is actuated with the right hand so the controls are opposite. In rally racing the navigator is holding a clipboard with a map and calling turns by time and distance. Also easier for them with the watch configured as it is. Or if you’re left handed and don’t do any of the above...it’s a left handed watch!!! 😂
@Fenster I also have a Nixon with the stem on the left side. They said it was done that way because it’s a bigger watch and the knob won’t push into the back of your hand when it’s flexed.
Thanks for the explanations v very interesting.

@Fenster I also have a Nixon with the stem on the left side. They said it was done that way because it’s a bigger watch and the knob won’t push into the back of your hand when it’s flexed.
It’s also a feature on some high end dive watches. Honestly the crown is the weakest point of any watch.

Just brilliant stuff @Luecke3262...that Traveller Set...my Lord...

View attachment 33319
Thank you sir, I wasn’t looking for it, actually we were looking for children’s books and I saw the button on the case, “Gillette Safety Razor.” I popped the case open, expecting the razor to be missing and for it to be full of cat hair and mouse droppings, the razor to be a filthy Gillette Tech, or for it to be extremely well used. I was extremely surprised!
Shame on the guy for trying to pull a quick one and I miss my Bostonian.........NICE
I know, it took a lot of patience not to get really worked up! He wanted to bargain and act like it was only 5 razors and I had a bunch more.... That’s not the way honest deals work, especially when my entire reason for buying the lot was based off those five razors and and a few others.
That Bostonian got me started down the Gillette New AD. My favorite NEW is still a Long Comb I picked up at a yard sale, completely brassed out and ugly. I had it replated by the venerated Krona Kruiser way back in 2013. Your beautiful Bostonian was PIFed off about 3 or so years ago, to a nice newbie; he developed RAD 😊.

This came in Today.
4071df2ed7dca455ef0c7d9ac906669a.jpg

Phone Holder & a Flashlight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back