The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What’s new to you?

Cool! I bought “Rarw” a few weeks ago and it’s a stellar soap base - punches slightly ahead of B&M IMHO. Scent is OK - citrus dandelions.... but the tag line for dads sold me 😊
I saw that one and was debating, but I know I wanted Lonestar. I have a sample of it and I have been trying to make it last because I love the scent so much!

I saw that one and was debating, but I know I wanted Lonestar. I have a sample of it and I have been trying to make it last because I love the scent so much!
When “Rawr” is finished (or another soap!) I will definitely be getting more Noble Otter. good stuff! I’ll have to look into Lonestar 👍

I am one for Kharma @Luecke3262 ...if its me I contact the guy and let him know it arrived.
I've had situations like that and pay for what I got. He did right by you and deserves the same. JMHO

By the way, it's beautiful
I agree with the others. You have to do right by the guy.

Nice score BTW.
It all worked out, this is what the gentleman said, “thanks for your offer to pay me back the refund! I’ll only accept half, because I make you wait so long... thanks for being such a great customer!!!”

These are my two favorite diamonds in the rough from the broken/parts box from the 8.18.2020 lot:

Rodgers Refined Steel 15/16, full wedge with beautiful bone scales, broken on the non show side. I may try to save them and add a liner for stability. They have a wonderful patina and would be a shame to loose.
Rodgers Stub Tail_1.jpg
Rodgers Stub Tail_2.jpg

W. Greaves and Sons, I AM GOOD AND WILL SHAVE WELL, 6/8 full wedge. It’s never going to be perfect due to a few pits near the lettering, but it doesn’t matter. I think I’ll replace the scales with horn and reuse the gorgeous bullet washers. This one is one of my bucket list razors!
Greaves Shave Well_1.jpg
Greaves Shave Well_2.jpg

These are my two favorite diamonds in the rough from the broken/parts box from the 8.18.2020 lot:

Rodgers Refined Steel 15/16, full wedge with beautiful bone scales, broken on the non show side. I may try to save them and add a liner for stability. They have a wonderful patina and would be a shame to loose.
View attachment 33648
View attachment 33649

W. Greaves and Sons, I AM GOOD AND WILL SHAVE WELL, 6/8 full wedge. It’s never going to be perfect due to a few pits near the lettering, but it doesn’t matter. I think I’ll replace the scales with horn and reuse the gorgeous bullet washers. This one is one of my bucket list razors!
View attachment 33650
View attachment 33651

Those will be nice when cleaned up.

Those will be nice when cleaned up.
Thanks, they are in the restorations backlog.... I'm purchasing a much nicer buffing wheel setup than I currently have. This will help me work through projects much faster. I've been working off of four 6 inch jewelers wheels, they are a royal pain, but get the job done....

The new setup will be an Eastwood 1 HP wheel with easily removable wheels.
1598455844446.png

Thanks, they are in the restorations backlog.... I'm purchasing a much nicer buffing wheel setup than I currently have. This will help me work through projects much faster. I've been working off of four 6 inch jewelers wheels, they are a royal pain, but get the job done....

The new setup will be an Eastwood 1 HP wheel with easily removable wheels.
View attachment 33654

Nice. What compounds do you use?

Nice. What compounds do you use?
Emory, White rouge, Green rouge, and Red rouge. I'm toying around with using grease-less compounds and picking up 4 extra wheels, so I can skip some sanding work early. I'm not sure how much extra this will help, but I don't think it would hurt. I remember watching some old Lynn Abrams videos and watching him use greasless to move through rust and corrosion much faster.

Back