The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What’s new to you?

Googled
Deep Woods
by Avon is a Aromatic Fougere fragrance for men. Deep Woods was launched in 1969. The fragrance features lemon, bergamot, patchouli, lavender, herbal notes, spicy notes and woody notes.
Thank you.... I do know about using google. I like to hear Personal Opinions better than generic statements... You know I actually value Some of you guys and girls opinions MORE than some google yahoo !!!!!!!

Well the Google Yahoo I pulled up for Tai Winds was @Spider 's post in the other neighborhood 😂 😂 😂 😂
okay I didnt know that. I was just saying i like you guys opinions better than just looking it up because sometimes one person says something smells one way and another says it smells another. anyway who said that @Spider wasnt a yahoo??????? ;) :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:😁

Hey can’t wait for your review of the triple wood.
Well, on first taste comparison I’d say I don’t care for it. More details on the zoom call. Of course need another dram or two to make sure.

It's one of my favorite scents from Avon. But I'm a fan of Hai Karate and Jade East too. If you want a small idea of what they smell like mix Brut and Skin Bracer together, and that will put you on the right track.
Thanks. Sorry to ask this but which brut ? The splash on or AS or Cologne ? Or just any of them ? I don't currently have brut and will have to get some so I was just curious which one....

Last edited:
If you are looking for the "True" Brut experience and something that is similar to the Original Faberge recipe, try Brut Reserve Cologne. the newer iterations are good, but a whisper of the original and as far as scent strength for future reference

Percentage of Perfume or Essential Oils in relation ot Alcohol ( most common) /Witch Hazel or other carrier ( A rough guide as manufacturers vary but this is a good rule of thumb)
Splash Ons: 1-3% $
Aftershave: 7-6% $-$$
Colognes: 4-8% $$-$$$
Edt's: 5-15% $$-$$$
EdP's: 10-20% $$- $$$$
Extracts or Absolutes: 20-60% $$$-$$$$$$

Back