The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What’s new to you?

The Wilkinson Sword Empire Set from my college roommate has arrived. It does not appear to have been used. Now I have to research conditioning and restoring the strop, and find somewhere to get the blades honed. It's a beauty!
That is a fabulous Razor! I have one similar, but have yet to acquire the 7 day set like that. Looks great, and in good condition, but does not look unused to me. I see pits and scratches. And I certainly would not use the blade you showed in the last pic if you are going to try one.

Tarjey and Wally world Mugged me at the doors, stole my wallet and when I woke up this was in my car

PpUBF4V.jpg
Wally World: Renpure Tea Tree Mint Body wash.
Been using this for about a year and really nice stuff no sulfates, parabens, glycols etc all natural good skin feel

Target: Duke Cannon Tripped me and hit me with a bat.
Thick Body Wash: One sniff, had to try Natural ( not quite a natural as the above ) Peppermint, Pine Ecalyptus. give it a shot
Randolph Proper Cologne ( EdP strength ) Bergamot, Lavender Leather... ( oh ya baby ) another winner
Aftershave Balm Ice Cold- it was there it called my name had to try

I did escape with nothing else but groceries and a mission from the boss to collect ALL "cream of" Soups like Chicken, Mushroom, brocolli, Split Pea ( dont know why the oddball ) poblano and a few more. Mission accomplished.
I use the tobacco scented THICK body wash and really like it. Also the Tea Tree shampoo is really nice and I feel like me hair feels healthier. Nice haul!

Tarjey and Wally world Mugged me at the doors, stole my wallet and when I woke up this was in my car

PpUBF4V.jpg
Wally World: Renpure Tea Tree Mint Body wash.
Been using this for about a year and really nice stuff no sulfates, parabens, glycols etc all natural good skin feel

Target: Duke Cannon Tripped me and hit me with a bat.
Thick Body Wash: One sniff, had to try Natural ( not quite a natural as the above ) Peppermint, Pine Ecalyptus. give it a shot
Randolph Proper Cologne ( EdP strength ) Bergamot, Lavender Leather... ( oh ya baby ) another winner
Aftershave Balm Ice Cold- it was there it called my name had to try

I did escape with nothing else but groceries and a mission from the boss to collect ALL "cream of" Soups like Chicken, Mushroom, brocolli, Split Pea ( dont know why the oddball ) poblano and a few more. Mission accomplished.
Good choice! I think you'll really like the Ice Cold Balm. Works as well as the Stirling Glacial Balm. I just prefer the Stirling for it's lack of scent.

I’ve got 2 of those. And one coming in from Costco that comes with accessories.
Cool !!
It was the first one I actually saw " in the wild " though...My oldest son has one his grandmother bought him and we have some 3d printed ones but nothing else.. Yet.... Wasn't a bad price either.. Wal-Mart has a tiny one that comes with cup bowl and ball but it was out of stock....

Just received this George Butler's "Keen" Razor, earlier this morning. Was so excited about it, that I've already replaced it's mismatched scales with a set of vintage ivory scales from a broken Sheffield blade(sorry work, I took a long lunch).
View attachment 32297
View attachment 32298
I'm going to tag this on to this post. This is the lot the George Butler came from.

The Worcester razor needs a lot of polishing, Wade and butcher needs some light sanding and polishing, and the M. Jung needs a good polish. The rest of them are practice worthy and will likely become scale donors.

There is a Practice razor from International Cutlery, I'm not sure if I should hone it or not..... It is a 6/8+ Near Wedge. I'm wondering if the steel is hard or not??? It is dull and would be great for some one who wants to learn how to strop or practice shaving.

Really neat barber hone too!!! I have not owned one like it yet.
IMG_5624.jpg

Through some truly awe-inspiring teamwork between @Dave in KY and @Somnos I have added what is now my favorite piece to my small shave den - a Canadian Williams Milk Glass Mug. It will be an heirloom shaving piece to hand down to my son when he is old enough to appreciate it, as when my father was staying with us shortly after his birth, he saw me shaving with Williams and told me his father shaved with it for as long as he could remember. While my father was exclusively a cart/canned user, it'll be so awesome to pass this down to the *hopefully* 3rd generation of Williams users in our family.

IMG_20200812_130730.jpg

I’m not knocking it, just the opposite. Scoring that vintage English Leather is a fantastic score! I was trying my hand at humor by playing along with your word choice “just” as if it was no big deal.

It’s all good. Definitely Made me Laugh.
[emoji1787]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back