The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What’s new to you?

I don't think so...

The pay music streaming service Rhapsody bought rights to the name Napster, after Napster was shut down for all of the illegal downloads going on at the end of the 90s - early 2000s.

I guess Rhapsody decided their name wasn't well known enough, and bad publicity is better than no publicity... so they used Napster? Whatever the insane thinking, the service is really good, IMO. Same idea as Spotify, etc. I like the interface for Napster a lot. I feel like it's easy to find, save, and access my choice of music. Not perfect, but good.

Also, it has a low-band streaming of 96 kbps. The best you'll get elsewhere is a variable that starts at 128, I believe. If you listen to a lot of music on cellular data, and have a limited data cap, that adds up quickly.

(Edit: They're the pioneer service you might never have heard of, lol... 'Rhapsody was the first streaming on-demand music subscription service to offer unlimited access to a large library of digital music for a flat monthly fee... ' - Wikipedia, Rhapsody).
This ad brought to you by Rhapsody.. 🤣 🤣;)😜🤪:ROFLMAO:

My bad, I forgot the laughing emoji. I know what it is. :ROFLMAO: I just didn't know it was still around. I guess there's still a market for it, which is actually pretty cool. YouTube music has a setting for only playing on WiFi or streaming at different quality settings on cellular data, but the UI is a garbage fire.
Yeah my wife uses Youtube while she's at work when they are getting stuff ready to start their day.

YouTube music has a setting for only playing on WiFi or streaming at different quality settings on cellular data, but the UI is a garbage fire.

You got that right. I've used Google Play Music for several years, and uploaded around 800 CDs worth of mp3 files to it. Now they're shutting off GPM and moving everyone to YouTube Music. I was able to move my library over, but the interface is absolutely horrible.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

wait till you go to a Walgreens and find out what track 2 blades are going for. I was in shock and track some down on eBay
I've been shopping around since I put my bid in. Yikes. Now I remember why we thought wet shaving would save us money. :ROFLMAO:

You got that right. I've used Google Play Music for several years, and uploaded around 800 CDs worth of mp3 files to it. Now they're shutting off GPM and moving everyone to YouTube Music. I was able to move my library over, but the interface is absolutely horrible.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
It's even worse on Android Auto. Nothing is intuitive and it's super messy. I could've designed something better as a child. I understand why they merged the two products, but that doesn't make it any less crappy.

Back