The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What’s new to you?

asked this question the other day. @Dave in KY gave me this thread haven't tried yet but I'm confident it will work

Got an extra wall mounted soap dish to put my Pre-shave soap on. Yesterday (I think) I got my personna order in. First shave with them tonight. Wow that was a good blade.

I'm going to order some more tonight. They were a ton better than the Israel ones I tried before. Soooo smooth and still sharp!
320b524510c8677b8169149ed58af9f0.jpg

Last edited:
asked this question the other day. @Dave in KY gave me this thread haven't tried yet but I'm confident it will work
Thank you for the thread link. I think this is exactly what I am looking for.

My Yaqi brush arrived today. Ordered from Aliexpress 7/13 and arrived here in Chicagoland 15 days later. Not bad at all and much better than the horror stories I had heard from others. First brush purchase since 2017 and the first "next generation" synthetic knot I'll have tried as all 3 of my other synthetic knots are first generation Plisson knots from 2013. Already loving the longer handle.

View attachment 31054
Wonderful..... but I am a bit partial to that design for some reason LOL

Just arrived today from the bay. USPS shipping routes are really confusing to me. This was an instate purchase where I am located 115 miles south of the sender, but USPS sent it to Portland Oregon first before returning it to Denver and then on to me. Package traveled over 2000 miles when it could have traveled less than 200. No wonder the USPS is in such poor financial shape. Anyway,
View attachment 31066View attachment 31065
This sounds like my x-mas debacle a few yrs ago at the other place mailed all over the planet.. Could have thrown it and got to my door LOL

Had to go pick up new eye enhancers today and decided to stop by "Targey" That's Target for you commoners. Decided to peruse the Men's Grooming department, again that is the Shave Aisle for you simple folks. LOL Just kidding. I would not have thought to look for EdT's, and EdP's at a Target. A Walgreens maybe, but target? Found these as well as my eyes

07.28.2020.jpg
The Cremo is "No.04"
TOP: Lemon Leaf
MID: Cypress
BASE: Blue Cedar

For an EdT is a monster as far as projection in the beginning. It was enough for the Boss to yell at me from across the room, so it acts very much like a EdP. Lemon forward of course and after about 30 mins the cypress and cedar make themselves aparent. The surprising thing was after about 45-60 mins it has a vanilla and floral undertone that matches almost exact to the shave stick. Will be a nice match.

Duke Cannon #5 "Seneca"
I had seen some shave items from them in the past but not fragrances and much less and actual EdP. It is a nice aquatic that is very much like Acqua Di Parma, Fico De Amalfi and dries down lovely. with a strong inital hit of Bergamot and Grapefruit, with the Neroli edging its way in strongly before settling in to a creamy, woody finish with the citrus ever present a PERFECT summer scent. Not to mention that a portion of the cost goes to US Veterans.

It is not a Tom Ford, Penhaligon's or Creed, however for about $20.00 for 3.4oz in the Cremo and 19.99 for the Seneca in an EdP they are IMHO a fantastic Value.

TOP: Bergamot
MID: Neroli
BASE: Cashmere Woods

This sounds like my x-mas debacle a few yrs ago at the other place mailed all over the planet.. Could have thrown it and got to my door LOL
My Fatboy from @Techichi left Fort Worth on the 25th and arrived in Nashville the next morning. That's 20 miles away. This morning it was checked in *back in Fort Worth.*

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

As long as people see it came with a disclaimer/warning it doesn't work on all handles and has cause damage to some. Good to read the whole thread before going forward for all (y)

Stopped by the liquor store today.
IMG_20200729_131225471.jpg
IMG_20200729_131152563.jpg
Beam Black is a cheapie favorite of mine. The Willett Pot Still Reserve is one that I had once at a bar with my wife. I had to pick up a bottle.
IMG_20200729_131627783.jpg
This fragrance discovery set was in the mail box today also.

Back