The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What’s new to you?

That’s why I use the ones made by Personna. $3 for a ten pack. There’s also some out there made by Dorco that are pretty good.
How do they each compare in your opinion? I haven't seen a lot of good things about the Personnas on Amazon, but people exaggerate a lot.

How do they each compare in your opinion? I haven't seen a lot of good things about the Personnas on Amazon, but people exaggerate a lot.
Couldn’t say. Haven’t used them in ages. Used to be my travel razor, but now I just take a DE. But I’ve never had an issue with any of them. I think I preferred the Personna to the Dorco. But I recall the dorcos getting a lot of praise back in the day.

Couldn’t say. Haven’t used them in ages. Used to be my travel razor, but now I just take a DE. But I’ve never had an issue with any of them. I think I preferred the Personna to the Dorco. But I recall the dorcos getting a lot of praise back in the day.
Thanks. Looks like I'll have to try them all.

A few items from CBL, including a Vintage Fuller Barber Duster Brush and the beginning prototypes and frags for the
Hombres Barbershop Shave Soap and Aftershave for retail, as well as the infancy of "BarberDave's Apothecary" offering unique Vintage Inspired items..... More down the road

aWAFnjD.jpg

My Yaqi brush arrived today. Ordered from Aliexpress 7/13 and arrived here in Chicagoland 15 days later. Not bad at all and much better than the horror stories I had heard from others. First brush purchase since 2017 and the first "next generation" synthetic knot I'll have tried as all 3 of my other synthetic knots are first generation Plisson knots from 2013. Already loving the longer handle.

IMG_20200728_151136.jpg

Just arrived today from the bay. USPS shipping routes are really confusing to me. This was an instate purchase where I am located 115 miles south of the sender, but USPS sent it to Portland Oregon first before returning it to Denver and then on to me. Package traveled over 2000 miles when it could have traveled less than 200. No wonder the USPS is in such poor financial shape. Anyway,
954D8989-B508-41DE-B33E-F812F399F1EF.jpegF9CA1FB0-3E8C-4A5B-923E-FE60E2D4BA57.jpeg

Back