The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What’s new to you?

I don't think I've tried it yet but yes I have it.
a81b4a67303548708aa8694b3e0724ae.jpg

Fat Handle Tech - SCOOOOORRRRRRRREEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!

Great first vintage find @1savvyRogue. Clean them up with warm water & soak with Dawn. Change the water out after an hour & do it again. After soaking 10 more minutes lightly scrub them with a toothbrush. If they still don't clean, soak in a Dawn bath with warm water for another hour. Be patient, it sometimes takes soaking overnight to get decades of crud knocked off. That's part of the fun though, bringing it back to life! Don't use boiling water. Don't ask me how I know. I just heard about a guy who heard about a guy that ruined a razor with boiling water.

What's that? Is that like Limewire without the absurd amount of viruses?
I don't think so...

The pay music streaming service Rhapsody bought rights to the name Napster, after Napster was shut down for all of the illegal downloads going on at the end of the 90s - early 2000s.

I guess Rhapsody decided their name wasn't well known enough, and bad publicity is better than no publicity... so they used Napster? Whatever the insane thinking, the service is really good, IMO. Same idea as Spotify, etc. I like the interface for Napster a lot. I feel like it's easy to find, save, and access my choice of music. Not perfect, but good.

Also, it has a low-band streaming of 96 kbps. The best you'll get elsewhere is a variable that starts at 128, I believe. If you listen to a lot of music on cellular data, and have a limited data cap, that adds up quickly.

(Edit: They're the pioneer service you might never have heard of, lol... 'Rhapsody was the first streaming on-demand music subscription service to offer unlimited access to a large library of digital music for a flat monthly fee... ' - Wikipedia, Rhapsody).

Last edited:
I don't think so...

The pay music streaming service Rhapsody bought rights to the name Napster, after Napster was shut down for all of the illegal downloads going on at the end of the 90s - early 2000s.

I guess Rhapsody decided their name wasn't well known enough, and bad publicity is better than no publicity... so they used Napster? Whatever the insane thinking, the service is really good, IMO. Same idea as Spotify, etc. I like the interface for Napster a lot. I feel like it's easy to find, save, and access my choice of music. Not perfect, but good.

Also, it has a low-band streaming of 96 kbps. The best you'll get elsewhere is a variable that starts at 128, I believe. If you listen to a lot of music on cellular data, and have a limited data cap, that adds up quickly.

(Edit: They're the pioneer service you might never have heard of, lol... 'Rhapsody was the first streaming on-demand music subscription service to offer unlimited access to a large library of digital music for a flat monthly fee... ' - Wikipedia, Rhapsody).
My bad, I forgot the laughing emoji. I know what it is. :ROFLMAO: I just didn't know it was still around. I guess there's still a market for it, which is actually pretty cool. YouTube music has a setting for only playing on WiFi or streaming at different quality settings on cellular data, but the UI is a garbage fire.

My bad, I forgot the laughing emoji. I know what it is. [emoji23] I just didn't know it was still around. I guess there's still a market for it, which is actually pretty cool. YouTube music has a setting for only playing on WiFi or streaming at different quality settings on cellular data, but the UI is a garbage fire.
Yeah, I'm pretty sure all of those services (YT, Amazon, Spotify...) Hire the best programmers and tell them their paid to make the music hard to access. Lol. That's why I like Napster. It definitely looks dated, but I can find things fairly well. In the end, I'm paying for music not Picasso. [emoji1787]

Back