The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What’s new to you?

Nice! Mine is still enroute. It transferred to the local post office (from UPS), so maybe delivery tomorrow?

Does it have a scent still? That's my main worry. Lol.
Got mine today. They look and smell just fine.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

This is my first Florida Water Cologne but I haven't opened it yet. I'm gonna wait till I get home to see.
Don't forget to test the claim that sprinkling Florida Water on your pillow give you vivid dreams. It didn't work for me, but I don't have much of a dream life.

Don't forget to test the claim that sprinkling Florida Water on your pillow give you vivid dreams. It didn't work for me, but I don't have much of a dream life.

What do you consider vivid dreams? I have already been having some really weird ones without the FW... That's why I'm typing now because I just got woken up by one that was completely crazy....

Two new brushes from Black Anvil. Very hard to photograph them properly myself so I added photos from the maker
296283c90141bfd0ecf8de2fe2f288bb.jpg
1f85dca9d49d62d9790316479df0f878.jpg
aa308390b3bde8ff5c2f42a001777f0b.jpg

Sent from my SM-A505FN using Tapatalk

Well I opened the Florida Water and was surprised by the scent.. On first impression it smells like sea breeze to me.. Does it work like it too ? I still haven't tried using the FW yet...
I saw all sorts of people using it and was never too interested. I didn't know what I was expecting, but I really like it now. Somehow the scent doesn't match the bottle if that makes any sense.

Varvatos Dark Rebel being discontinued prompted me to get backups of one of my other fav inexpensive frags.
View attachment 29356
I enjoy that one a lot, it took me a couple tries to fall in love but it is a real winner. I made a soap in that scent using a perfumer's oil but as it sat on the shelf I found the scent faded (to my nose) so I pulled it, it is now a shower soap.

Back