The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What’s new to you?

Aside from maybe a Godiva chocolate liquor or a rum Chata...... what the heck do you mix peanut butter whisky with?
I dunno, I’m sure Chad could come up with something...it just wasn’t good straight. Might as well enjoy a similarly priced whiskey that has better taste and eat a spoon of peanut butter :ROFLMAO:

Mail call for today YAY!

IMG_1840.jpg
PATINA TIME, and the Orange one is DA BEST!

IMG_1839.jpg

I had tried a sample, and it was OK, however there are some HUGE claims by the maker and some shavers that this beats ALL the top tier soaps....
HOLD MY BEER! After the Tour of SV we shall see if little Miss Kaizen can live up to the claim that it is one of the top soap bases, and beats the Elites. Our Japanese Muse will go up against Panacrema, SV, CBL, Ethos, and MdC in a head to head shootout. Should be fun.

IMG_1838.jpg

Very excited to get the ASD2 thanks Sam and KJ will; finish out the SV tour with it.... Well a straight shave in there of course. Our of the box I am SUPER impressed. Not that I expected anything less from Feather. More importantly @Spider either spoiled me or is jonesing for Tamales. Either way he is getting some soon! MY FAVORITE BBQ sauce. It was so hot in Tucson today, that the plane flew over the fire cooked and BBQ'd the shipping box it smelled and was basted in the Sauce so I ate the box THANKS @Spider

Saw some Florida Water while at Walmart and figured I’d give it a go. Good smelling stuff!
View attachment 27499
In Walmart?? That’s crazy!

. It was so hot in Tucson today, that the plane flew over the fire cooked and BBQ'd the shipping box it smelled and was basted in the Sauce so I ate the box THANKS @Spider
Lol, Enjoy Dave. Let me know when you need more, I can send bigger bottles next time.

Went to a couple of rack stores over lunch. Those are dangerous places. Just ignore the keyboard.
View attachment 26731
If anyone wants a Boss Bottled deodorant stick, let me know. I am not going to use it.

Also, I got the first mail call of the day. The straight razor is just to show scale.
View attachment 26732
View attachment 26733
This is a very nice chunk of Coticule that appears to be completely natural. It is just a bit smaller than I was expecting. It was a steal on eBay and should be fun to hone on, however.
Very nice. I like Boss cologne but never tried the deodorant , does it smell the same ?

Two more pucks of CBL Steel Gray Fougere arrived in the mail today.

Also, I saw this for a good price the other day so I decided to go back and pick it up. I knew several guys in high school and college that wore this. It still smells great.
View attachment 26925
I keep tommy on hand. My wife loves it. It was what I was wearing when we met and when we were first dating so its one of her favorites... Nice choice.

Just some small stuff...

Picked up some hair tonic from the new barber yesterday...and went to TJ Maxx for the first time in forever and to my surprise they had some Suavecito pomade and Talc. Since everybody is using Talc these days...I figure I would pick it up and see what all the hub-bub is about...bub...

1592659202003.png1592659229813.png

I got plenty of other talc's
Yeah what's got all you guys on such a talc frenzy lately ?? I have been using gold bond for a while ( over a year or more ) but I guess I might have to try another brand sometime since you guys mention it soooo often on here now... Any particular type that you guys would recommend ?

Back