The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What’s new to you?

View attachment 27299
The strainer is for coffee roastin g. This past weekend I lost about a half-cup of beans transferring them from the roaster to a large round strainer. This should solve that. Got the idea from a photo the @Dave in KY posted a few weeks back.

The soaps are all Mike's Natural, who was the first artisan I really liked. Have always enjoyed his soaps. We'll see how his lather compares to my current favorites. One of these pucks will be the next one up in my "rotation".
Was just going to say, that's the one I have. 😂

Shave of the night preview.... but new to me is the Gem Jr 👍
I had an ATT G1 and put in about 25-30 shaves and it was a no go. Too mild (and I’m a mild razor guy) but when it bit, watch out! Purdy razor though, as is with ATT in general. Hoping for smoother shaves with this classic. 981F53D6-6C54-4311-A4BA-FFBC53701E66.jpeg

I was looking at yardley “sandalwood” and “gentleman” but Just bought imperial leather because it seemed old school-ish and I haven’t seen it mentioned yet here... so wanted to contribute to the talc explosion 💨
I recently picked up some of the Imperial Leather. It is floral and kinda barberhop-y. If you like Tabac, I think you will like it.

I recently picked up some of the Imperial Leather. It is floral and kinda barberhop-y. If you like Tabac, I think you will like it.
Floral. Check. Barbershop. Check. Used half a big bottle of tabac in the past. Check. Thanks for confirming that I made a “probably” good purchase... until my wife asks “ya needed more talc, huh”? .... well my kids have been using it on their “itchy” areas so there is my “get out of jail” free card. Oh and I needed to add on some clubman to match the clubman talc and I missed the clubman ASL 🤷‍♂️

Early fathers day gift. Apparently my daughter thinks I need all the help I can get making sheaths. (She's right about that too....)

20200618_154112_resized.jpg

And the boulder has landed!!!!
My mentor told me this was one of the densest jnats he has had and that it rivaled an ark in that respect, and he was awesome enough to add some nagura into the box with it. (last 2 photos are older, but they show the size)

20200618_154841_resized.jpg

DSC_0337.JPG
DSC_0338.JPG

Back