The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Vintage Gillette DE Razor Passaround

Just recieved the pass around box and luckily I have not shaved yet! I'm thinking the NEW Long Comb will be used in todays shave!

Anybody else want to try razors??

To sign up, please add your name to the list.
1. gobucks5485- Complete
2. fhalden- Complete
3. Patelliott

@NurseDave have you given Vintage DEs a chance?

I have a psycho, a prewar tech and super speed (y)

There’s so much more here for you to explore!
I appreciate you making sure I don't miss out but you know me. I'm about what's new and precision engineered and all that.

I appreciate you making sure I don't miss out but you know me. I'm about what's new and precision engineered and all that.
Exactly, I know you. You haven't given vintage razors a fair shot. These were pretty well engineered as well. And I have a feeling you'll like the NEWs. And have you tried an adjustable?

Exactly, I know you. You haven't given vintage razors a fair shot. These were pretty well engineered as well. And I have a feeling you'll like the NEWs. And have you tried an adjustable?
I'm done with the Stirling's so I could give the news a try if I can be re-added to the list after that other Dave

1. gobucks5485- Complete
2. fhalden- Complete
3. Patelliott
4. Dave in KY

Journal Entry 92
(DE:15 SE:18 SR:15)

Pre-shave: Hot Shower & PAA Cube 2.0
Razor: Gillette NEW Long Open Comb
Blade: Voskhod (1)
Brush: Stirling Synthetic
Bowl: PAA Scuttle
Soap: Stirling- Deton-8
Aftershave: Osma Alum & Stirling- Witch Hazel, Aloe, and Tea Tree splash & Stirling- Deton-8 splash
Moisturizer: Hyaluronic Acid Serum drops
Talc: Borotalco
Fragrance: Nautica Voyage (need Spicebomb)

Results:

Awesome mail call today. Got a package from Stirling which contained the splashes that I was missing for soaps I have plus Deton-8 since it was on sale (I was saving money at that point). Actually I blame @bentheduck. He said that Deton-8 was a little closer to Spicebomb than Oleo Wayoh so I had to see the difference. Deton-8 is sharper in my opinion.
The highlight today was the razor. This is from the Vintage Gillette DE pass around box from @Spider which also came in today. I went with the NEW Long Comb since that was the razor KJ recommended to me. I decided to load it with a new Voskhod since it is a really smooth and mild blade. I went with my usual 3 pass shave of WTG, XTG, and XTG the other way.
I really enjoyed the razor and I definitely feel like my face is smoother than when I use my other DE razors and even possibly the OREN. As far as my neck goes there is still the similar roughness around the Adam's Apple. I am thinking of using a Gillette Rubie with this razor tomorrow to see if that makes a difference on the neck.
All on all it was a great shave and I am very happy that I joined in on this pass around. Besides the OC razors I think I may try some of the other TTO's that are included. Thank you for putting this together KJ!

Thanks for reading Cadre, and have a happy hump day!

I loved the Krona, and am planning on getting a Fatboy if I can find one in really good condition. I was really impressed with it!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

1. gobucks5485- Complete
2. fhalden- Complete
3. Patelliott
4. Dave in KY

1. gobucks5485- Complete
2. fhalden- Complete
3. Patelliott
4. Dave in KY

1. gobucks5485- Complete
2. fhalden- Complete
3. Patelliott

Don't have the pre-req 50 posts yet here at the TSC...any chance posts from that other forum carry over?? 😂😂😂

Despite owning all the TTOs, I only own a pre-war Canadian Tech (which I used once before sending off to get replated at BRG with the USPS losing my package for the last 3 weeks en route so not sure I'm seeing it again) and haven't tried any of the other vintage Gillette 3 pieces. Will be following and jumping in once I hit 50 👍

Back