The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Vintage Gillette DE Razor Passaround

Thank You So Much @Spider ...To be honest this will be my first time trying vintage... Hope I like 1!
Good job on this pass-around!
Updating list:

1. gobucks5485- Complete
2. fhalden- Complete
3. Patelliott - Complete
4. Fightingillini22 - Complete
5. Dave n KY - In possession
6. Fenster - on deck
7. Calm_Shaver

@Spider I have seen in the past a video of you praising the YUMA, is it that good? What do you like about this razor so much? I’m curious to try it out! You never know what your face likes until you try them Out I guess. Also I want to see how the Fatboy works out for me. Thanks again.

Thanks KJ @Spider

Updating list:

1. gobucks5485- Complete
2. fhalden- Complete
3. Patelliott - Complete
5. Dave n KY - mailed with ETA Friday
6. Fenster - Awaiting package
7. Calm_Shaver

Thanks KJ @Spider

Updating list:

1. gobucks5485- Complete
2. fhalden- Complete
3. Patelliott - Complete
5. Dave n KY - complete
6. Fenster - in possession
7. Calm_Shaver

The only one I don't have or was interested in maybe trying was the shick. Now that they are in Bradford and I drive by them twice a day, I may have to check it out. :LOL:

@ShawnF , I am going to be out of town next week (leaving early Saturday morning) so if you want to connect tonight or tomorrow to get any/all of them that would be OK with me. I am not planning on taking any of them with me next week so I wont be trying them until I get back on the 22nd. Schedule is a little different this week...working until 7 tonight and working 2 - 6pm tomorrow. I did clean up and try the FatBoy for a quick shave today so if you want that one I will clean up and put back with the others, let me know.

@ShawnF , I am going to be out of town next week (leaving early Saturday morning) so if you want to connect tonight or tomorrow to get any/all of them that would be OK with me. I am not planning on taking any of them with me next week so I wont be trying them until I get back on the 22nd. Schedule is a little different this week...working until 7 tonight and working 2 - 6pm tomorrow. I did clean up and try the FatBoy for a quick shave today so if you want that one I will clean up and put back with the others, let me know.
If they are just going to sit for a week, I may as well pick them up then. I have a fatboy, so no worries on that one. I'll pm you my number.

If you guys want to do another passaround like this let me know and I'll contribute where I can. Maybe we could do a single edge or other non-gillette razors.

If you guys want to do another passaround like this let me know and I'll contribute where I can. Maybe we could do a single edge or other non-gillette razors.
I did plan on doing a GEM/E-R/Schick SE pass when this one is finished.

of course, you’re free to start up any pass you choose!

I just figured if there could be a cooperative effort, that would be pretty cool.

Guess not....
??? Maybe I'm missing something. I was just telling you what I had planned, and left it open if you had ideas for something different....

So what exactly did you have in mind?

??? Maybe I'm missing something. I was just telling you what I had planned, and left it open if you had ideas for something different....

So what exactly did you have in mind?

LOL...sorry I should have put a 🤣 or something at the end of that post. I didn't mean anything by it. No big. Carry on.

4bcs5h.jpg

I did plan on doing a GEM/E-R/Schick SE pass when this one is finished.

200w.gif

Updating list:

1. gobucks5485- Complete
2. fhalden- Complete
3. Patelliott - Complete
5. Dave n KY - complete
6. Fenster - in possession. ShawnF in possesion
7. Calm_Shaver

So we had the first ever TSC Northern Pennsylvania Meet-up today. A great time was had by all of those in attendance. We hope to do another meet - up soon.

Sorry guys. I have been super busy and not able to be on much. I did receive the razors from Gerry, and I actually had time to try a couple. I will be meeting up with Gerry after work tomorrow to return the box to his possession.
Thanks @Spider for letting me jump in.

Great Shawn. When you get a chance let us know what you used and how you liked them.

Updating list:

1. gobucks5485- Complete
2. fhalden- Complete
3. Patelliott - Complete
5. Dave n KY - complete
6. ShawnF - complete
7. Fenster
8. Calm_Shaver

Back