The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

uacowboy's razor rodeo

20200425_173529.jpg

So this was my first shave in over a week. That being said it was glorious! I spent the afternoon doing yard work to prepare for more intensive yardwork to be done in the morning and they shower and shave before dinner were just fantastic. This soap scent is amazingly refreshing.

Tomorrow's fun is working on removing the final 3 oleanders from our back yard. Once that is done we can increase the fence to 6 ft and then plant something nicer along the back that isn't toxic, and will give us some better privacy from the alleyway.

Poor Chad is never going to live that down here.

Lucky on the sleeping in though, I’m doing my best but just stay up too late, and my wife is an early riser.

well the first and biggest (root ball is about the size of a large beach ball) oleander survived the first battle but i have wounded it grievously. Later today I will sharpen my chosen weapons and resume the fight in the morning.

As a side note my axe head is about to come off the handle. Its one of those Stanley yellow plastic ones currently that was attached with resin of some kind. I had allowed someone to borrow it and the used the back of the head as a hammer and the resin is now busted up and coming out. @Blade-meister if you could direct me to a good video of hanging the head on a new handle id appreciate it. I'm definitely doing a wood handle for the replacement.

20200428_091945.jpg

Decided to give the Torrey razor i got in from Don a spin this morning and had a great shave! The brush is for sure a paintbrush style only for face lathering. It just doesn't like to splay out. It even shed a fiber today.

Day 2 of working on the oleander in the back yard. I have removed a good chunk of it but my axe lost its head today. Also is a Collins Axe i think 2.5 lbs. Maybe a bit bigger. The label is gone and I haven't weighed it. I grabbed my 1.25 lbs hatchet and trudged on. Its great at precision removal but I miss the power of the bigger axe for sure. I'm hoping tomorrow will be the day the stump is fully removed.

Hope y'all are well and I'm looking forward to seeing some of you on the zoom call tomorrow!

Back