The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

uacowboy's razor rodeo

beyond the good earth tea Dave posted, which is awesome, i would suggest finding a place locally that sell loose leaf tea. normally they will let you smell them and can offer suggestions based on other things you like. personally i love a good earl grey once in a while
I'll try to find some of that nearby. Shouldn't be too hard with all the hipsters in the NW corner of town.

I'll try to find some of that nearby. Shouldn't be too hard with all the hipsters in the NW corner of town.
My local grocery stores all carry it and the guy who introduced me to it lives in Tyler so i'd say you have a good shot at finding it. the one with caffeine is herbal with black tea.

GUEST_19ae225b-0802-464a-8ebb-351b2413340b

Ok kids, let me get in on this. Tea has always been frustrating to me in that you can find stuff that smells awesome, but still has next to no flavor. So I stick to Earl Grey. But almost all black teas I've had were too tannic and left that dried out feeling in my mouth. Until I found this bad boy of tea sophistication while we were in London. It has zero of that tannin feeling. And now it's available through Williams Sonoma for free shipping or Amazon. Also available in loose leaf.

1573497675853.png

20191115_041222.jpg

Just a groggy 4AM shave. Achieved a solid BBS shave though.

Today is the first shift at my new desk at work. They had us in a very small side room for a few weeks while they took the old (17 years) desks out and got the new ones in. It going to take some getting used to but is really nice.

20191116_041955.jpg
20191117_041621.jpg

Last couple shaves were good but I am ready for this cream to be gone. Still have several shaves left but the end is in site. I like the almond scent but it's not one i enjoy enough to normally want to use every day.

I am looking forward to the start of CBL week and will try to participate as much as possible. Not sure how Shaving will go once we head to Anaheim. I will take some stuff with me. Just not sure how our days will go yet.

I’ll look the other way if you just want to lather some of that soap up just to rinse it down the sink.

With the age of your kids, you likely want to schedule an early afternoon break back in the room. Plenty of shaving time.

I like the almond scent but it's not one i enjoy enough to normally want to use every day.
That’s like Cella or Vito’s for me...not something I’d use daily if I didn’t have to, but definitely enjoyable once in a while.

20191118_114604.jpg

Kicking off @CBLSoap.com week with the one that drew to the soap in the first place. Still my absolute favorite Lime soap. I also decided to try and get several videos up this week with semi reviews of CBL to counter some of the bad juju lately from another forum. Not going to mention that in the videos because I don't want to take part in any drama but I do want to support a fantastic soap maker the best way i can.

That said, video will be up soon.

Back