The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

uacowboy's razor rodeo

SOTD 8.2.19

Schick J2 Injector
Schick blade (16)
Omega boar
Dr. Jon's Big Green Monster
Thayers Coconut Water
Aqua Velva Ice Blue

20190802_030929.jpg

Well what you see in the pic is what's left of the BGM minus what was used today. I think I'm going to just 3017 this and finish it off. I moved it to the bowl because the tin it was in was starting to show so rust and it was getting difficult to load efficiently anyway. The lather was just off this morning. Performance was normal but it just disappeared from the brush between each pass. Still, the jectah got me a BBS+ shave.

Man, sometimes I hate being a nice guy. I agreed to come in an hour early this morning and because of that I guess I was paranoid my alarm wasn't going to work so I kept waking up all night. But either way I'm back on the grind today.

Being tht nice guy can definitely suck, but I like being dependable and the OT isn't too bad either. Glad to see you posting again. Have a good one, hombre!

SOTD 8/3/19

Gillette New SC
Gillette Nacet (6)
RR 400
Thayer's Coconut Water
Osage Rub

20190803_041737.jpg

Had a pretty good shave this morning with the BGM lather behaving itself today and not vanishing. Got myself to a solid BBS but chased it a bit to much i think cause the Osage lit me up before it cooled things off. I think the BGM may hang on longer than i had thought it was going to but that's ok because i'm going to miss this scent once it's gone. I'm not sure i would buy it again if Dr. Jon's brought it back because the soap, while pretty decent, is just not as slick as i'd really like it to be without taking it right up to the breaking point, which i pretty much have to do if i plan to use a SR. I think it's the Basil that really sets this one apart. maybe i'll talk to a certain someone about trying to clone it at some point.

Re-watched Disney's Descendants last night with the family. I think it may have been the first time the kids have really watched it but they seemed to enjoy it. My son really likes to figure out who the good guys and bad guys are in stuff to movies like this or tv shows where a bad version of a good guy shows up can really mess with him sometimes lol. I always forget how much cheesiness the Disney Channel throws into their movies compared to the theatrical releases. I think we will be watching the second one tonight and then we'll watch the new one.

I am slowly getting caught up around here. I hopefully by the end of the day i will be up to date on everything but the vlogs.

Have a great weekend Cadre!

SOTD 8.4.19

Schick J2 Injector
Schick blade (17)
Ever Ready w/ two band badger
Thayers Coconut Water
Stirling Lime with Menthol

20190804_041337.jpg

I think I'm starting to notice the soap shrinking in the bowl now. Ran my brush a bit wetter than I had intended so the blow was filled with a ton of airy proto lather almost immediately. A little refining while face lathering and I had a bunch of great lather and overall a very good shave. Especially with how groggy I was feeling this morning. I had wanted to use a SR this morning but decided that would be unwise so the jectah did its thing. I'm really impressed with the longevity of these blades. Makes you feel better about the cost compared to DE blades. Walked away BBS- as I had thought I didn't get everything fully taken down but the dry down surprised me.

It's my Friday before my 1 day weekend and then onto the night shift.

Have a great Sunday Cadre

I second Chris's statement! That's pure basura, hermano. But I'm glad the jectah is treating you well. Have a good one!

yeah. It is Technically 48hrs but i get off tonight at 6 and come back in tuesday night at 6 so really only feels like the 1 day, but this is at least part of the normal schedule. Next week is gonna be just plain crazy cause my schedule is all mixed around.

I dunno Klye. If I were you with all your knowledge of electricity, I might just switch to selling batteries at Radio Shack for a normal schedule.

Leave Morty out of this abomination
0mIcQ1n.gif

Oh man, pickin' on me. And I actually read over most of my posts and fix my misspellin's before hitting enter.
You're better than me. I misspell things and type entirely wrong words on a regular basis. I keep telling myself I need to read stuff, but then I forget. Oh well. Haha

My iPad (under Siri’s control) sometimes constructs whole phrases she thinks I want to say. Her fails can be pretty good!

I dunno Klye. If I were you with all your knowledge of electricity, I might just switch to selling batteries at Radio Shack for a normal schedule.
Might need a time machine for that. And let's be honest, if I had access to a time machine I'd probably do something a bit more lucrative with it!

SOTD 8.6.19

Frederick Reynolds SR
Omega boar
Thayers Coconut Water
Avon Clint

20190806_150819.jpg

Well the omega ate the soap after pass 2. I think with how long the bristles are and the small surface area on the soap I am just not getting enough loaded. Either way I just loaded a bit more to finish the shave. Came out DFS++ today. Just a few spots that didn't quite dry down smooth today.

Back on nights for the next 3. The wife and I are going to go see Hobbs and Shaw this weekend and my sister is coming over Saturday evening for dinner. Should be a good time.

Back