The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

uacowboy's razor rodeo

SOTD 7.26.19

Frederick Reynolds SR
TSC 1st Anniversary brush "Talon"
Dr. Jon's Big Green Monster
Thayers Coconut Water
Ultimate Osage

No pic tonight sorry.

Well it had been 8 days since my last shave. The first couple days were semi planned on but the rest, well, every time I thought I was going to have a chance to do my alternate soap shave vlog something happened that made it so I didn't have time. Today I realized that what I grew this past week was more like what it used to take most of a month to grow and it needed to go. Didn't have the opportunity for a video so I just grabbed the BGM and had a really nice shave. I gotta say though, using a nice sharp straight to remove all that growth in 1 pass is always super satisfying.

Walked away BBS and feeling good.

Ih and I took the weekend off work so I'm burning 48hrs of PTO so that I have some breathing room from the max but that also means I'm off till next Friday morning.

Haven't been on the Cadre much this past week either aside from a few minutes here and there. Gotta lot of catching up to do. Hope everyone has a great weekend.

EIGHT DAYS!!! Good Heavens Man! Glad you checked in and nice Shave with the Dr. Jon's! I think Jon makes a good quality shave soap...even if it is just a veggie soap. Take care of your self...we will be here when things calm down!

SOTD 7.29.19

Gillette New SC
Gillette Nacet (5)
TSC 1st Anniversary brush "Talon"
Stirling Ozark shampoo bar
Thayers Coconut Water
Skin Bracer

Did this last night. Shave was actually really good. Had several weepers but those were due to the fact that we had a spike in humidity and my face didn't like that. The lather wasn't super stable but even after it was no longer visible it was probably one of the slickest soaps I've ever shaved with.

Video will be up momentarily in the vlog section.

Back