The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

uacowboy's razor rodeo

SOTD 7.9.19

Frederick Reynolds 7/8
TSC 1st Anniversary brush "Talon"
Mer Old Timer Spice
Dickinson's Witch Hazel
Old Spice

20190709_041458.jpg

Decided to try the Mer soap for a SR shave today. I wouldn't recommend others try it if they are new to a SR. I had several close calls from the soap just not being slick enough. I know I had it well hydrated. But even by the end of the shave with water added between passes it just wasn't there. Pulled out a DFS+ and avoided any damage but like I said, several close calls. The scent of this soap is great and for a DE/SE shave it seems adequate. I'll put the rest of this one in the CP tub.

Now tomorrow I just have to decide which of my two new @LNHC soaps to use. Its gonna be a tough choice. Green Irish Tweed or Haute Leather.

Way to save the shave! Strange though, I hear Mer soaps are pretty good for some folks, but they’d have to be worse than Proraso to not be able to get a good SR shave out of em...

Way to save the shave! Strange though, I hear Mer soaps are pretty good for some folks, but they’d have to be worse than Proraso to not be able to get a good SR shave out of em...
yeah idk. It was fine with the jectah yesterday but i had a feeling this was going to be the case. I didn't go past the breaking point of the lather but i went right up to it and it just wasn't slick. didn't even feel slick to my hands when i rinsed between passes.

I love those big old SR's. Good stuff, Kyle.
Yeah. The old steel is just kinda special. This one is my absolute favorite. I need to put a better set of scales on it. These were a test of using horn and i'm not happy with them. Partly on me and partly i think i got some poor quality horn.

Yeah. The old steel is just kinda special. This one is my absolute favorite. I need to put a better set of scales on it. These were a test of using horn and i'm not happy with them. Partly on me and partly i think i got some poor quality horn.
Horn can be a huge pain to work with, but when it all comes together it looks so darn good!

SOTD 7.10.19

Gillette New SC
Gillette Nacet (3)
Ever Ready w/ two band badger
@LNHC Haute Leather
Thayers Coconut Water
Avon Leather

20190710_041351.jpg

I am dragging this morning but the shave was pretty great. Decided it was a good day for some good leather scents. Lisa's did not disappoint and the Avon leather pairs nicely. I am BBS and sitting at my desk but its kinda my Friday but I'll be picking up some nights this weekend. I'll officially be into the new work schedule at that point.

Have a great day Cadre!

SOTD 7.13.19

Weck Sextoblade no guard
Persona hair Shaper (6)
B&M Terror (sample from @Lbkindy)
Thayers Coconut Water
Aqua Velva Ice Blue

20190713_140347.jpg

Decided to give the weck another go. Probably going to get this back to John @The Monkey pretty soon. Got a really nice BBS shave today.

The B&M Terror was really nice. Not Cryogen cold but still very refreshing. The scent was pretty light and mostly just menthol to me with maybe some kind of citrus? Either way I am actually considering picking up a tub.

Had a crazy Storm come in today. My first of the season at work and I'm still dealing with outages but I'm in waiting mode on those.

Enjoy the weekend for those who are off!

What Chris said! The more I see ghost jade the more I want some scales in ghost jade. Maybe in the near future.

Back