The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

uacowboy's razor rodeo

Thanks guys. Got 3 blades ready to hone in the next couple days. Then the November scruff comes off cause we have family pictures this weekend.

11/21/18

Ended no shave November early today. Partly because I was excited to try out the soap from the monkey's PIF and the blades I just touched up and also because we have family pictures this weekend and I don't want to be murdered by the wife for looking scruffy!

MW coconut sandalwood
Omega boar
Newly rescaled FR
Witch Hazel
Osage rub

Never tried witch Hazel so I figured I'd give it a shot. So far I like it. Just got the plain stuff for now. I think i hit cfc the soap with to much water to fast but it was still super slick so worked for me. The scent was fantastic. Will definitely give it another go in a couple days.

haha but i am having so much fun keeping everyone in suspense! but yeah i am keeping it pretty quiet for now but i do have a number of razors waiting for scales so hopefully i can get back into the swing of things and get them all dressed.

Solid shave Kyle! And like you...I will be shaving today for fear of being scolded by the wife for being too scruffy on Thanksgiving. Happy Turkey Day!

Yep I only promised not to shave my goatee due to not wanting to face SWMBO’s “War Thunder”, the rest of my face and neck area get shaved at minimum every other day.

Just catching up Kyle. You have some serious gear there!

Hope you had had a great Thanksgiving!

Thanks, my usable collection is on the small side right now but the ones i have shave ready are definitely nice.

Hope you had a good one as well

Here's my shave from this morning.

MW coconut sandalwood
Unknown brand badger brush(I was given it and told where it was from but can't remember)
John Williams Damascus Steel razor
Witch Hazel
Pinaud Clubman

this razor is one I picked up super cheap a while back. Looked like it sat in a bot in a shed for a while and had a cup in the edge about half an inch from the toe. Finally got around to cleaning it up and honed out the chip(probably took a good 1/16th off the edge) and set a new bevel. It gave me a pretty good shave. Gonna try another Monday morning with a soap I know well and see how that goes. MW lather was better today but still not great. Also got a little more aggressive than I should have. Been a while since I picked up a full hollow.

Back