The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

uacowboy's razor rodeo

You know...I think this is the first time I have actually read about, or have seen in an SOTD picture someone using a Rolls. WOW!!!

You know...I think this is the first time I have actually read about, or have seen in an SOTD picture someone using a Rolls. WOW!!!

it seems to be somewhat rare to find one in good enough condition to use. mine is in the box with the instructions, and the strop and hone are both in great shape. I might have to try and get some good Pics of all of it for everyone to see. It would be interesting if someone tried to make something like those again.

10/29/18

Needed a good wake up shave this morning. This razor is one I will be replacing the scales. Just took me a while to find some blond horn I was happy with to do it.

11/1/18

Woke up a bit late this morning so i didn't have time for a picture but my shave was as follows

Preshave lather with hot towel
Dr. Jon's Big Green Monster shave soap
Van der Hagen boar brush (my first brush from a walgreens kit)
Geo Wostenholm 8/8ths near wedge(maybe closer to 1/4 hollow)
Oasage rub aftershave

This marks my only shave for this month so i may try to tackle the new scales for the FR as well as another secret project and freshen up my razors for that first shave in Dec. I will post any progress pics here.

This marks my only shave for this month so i may try to tackle the new scales for the FR as well as another secret project and freshen up my razors for that first shave in Dec. I will post any progress pics here.

See? I've been trying to tell people. Just because you're not shaving, doesn't mean you cant have fun and participate on a shaving forum! Nice. And what's this..... A Secret Project???? Tell me more! LOL.

I still have my first VDH Boar as well. They're not fancy, but they do work well.

See? I've been trying to tell people. Just because you're not shaving, doesn't mean you cant have fun and participate on a shaving forum! Nice. And what's this..... A Secret Project???? Tell me more! LOL.

I still have my first VDH Boar as well. They're not fancy, but they do work well.

If i told you it wouldn't be a secret! lol it is another rescale project but i want to try something. i will post about it either way but i wanted to keep it a bit of a surprise for now.

And yeah, the VDH do work well and they get super soft once you have them broken in with all those split ends.

And yeah, the VDH do work well and they get super soft once you have them broken in with all those split ends.

Right? And the ladies keep saying that split ends are a bad thing...... They're straight up CRAZY!

Looking forward to the Secret Project reveal. I hope it’s a success!

Look who got new duds! Overall I am happy with them. It's been a couple years since I have fully fabricated scales so I made a few mistakes and missed a few flaws I might have otherwise caught but since this is staying with me for the foreseeable future I will call it good.

As for the secret project I have done some experimenting that looks promising but will need more practice before I can really move ahead

Back