The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

uacowboy's razor rodeo

SOTD 2/8/19

Microtouch One w/ Voskhod (1)
Pilson w/ TGN synth
CFG Summer Storm (24)
WH
Avon Deep Woods

Decided to go for a mild shave today since I was barely out of DFS status from yesterday and have had less than 24 hrs of growth. Got a nice, easy 2 pass BBS with no damage or irritation. Decided to change up the aftershave and went with the Deep Woods. Hoping for a quiet "Monday" at work.

SOTD 2/10/19

Microtouch One w/Voskhod (2)
Ever Ready w/ Two Band Badger
CFG Summer Storm (25)
WH
CFG Summer Storm AS

Well the shave today started out with the Wostenholm razor I just rescaled but alas th he edge I put on it yesterday was no good, which I was worried would be the case. The spine has some really weird and uneven honewear and I think someone had tried to give it and edge as if it were a knife. So I will give it another try later and then proceeded with my backup plan of the MTO.

Got a nice 2 pass BBS and was off to work.

Wow that razor looks like the Assured
\n\nIt does but it weighs at least twice as much and is all metal. Also seems to have stainless innards as i have never seen any sign of rust and it is several years old.

It does but it weighs at least twice as much and is all metal. Also seems to have stainless innards as i have never seen any sign of rust and it is several years old.

I have a MicroTouch also and can attest that while they look alike, they are drastically different lol.

SOTD 2/12/19

Microtouch One w/ Voskhod (3)
Omega boar
CFG Summer Storm (26)
WH
CFG Summer Storm AS

Did my opposite day shave video today. Went pretty well. Got a good 90% BBS and no irritation or weepers.

SOTD 2/13/19

Frederick Reynolds 7/8
Ever Ready w/ two band badger
CFG Summer Storm (27)
WH
The Veg

Ah it feels good to use a straight again. Got a nice e comfortable shave but only came out BBS above the jawline and DFS below. I think it was the soap. Just had no slickness today. I probably underhydrated it. Still no irritation and just a couple weepers. Finished up with The Veg. Yup that's right. This is the second time I have tried it and this time I was chosen, although it did try to play with me. Started kinda sweet the went skunky for a brief moment before settling down to something I can't quite put to words but is very nice.

Well then... I thought you were an okay guy...and then you had to bust out the Veg! I hear that the Veg repels vampires...oh wait...that's garlic. Ah that's right...the Veg repels...EVERYONE!
1f60b.png

And it was after this shave that young Kyle found himself at a table in the lunch room all by himself.

Back