The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

uacowboy's razor rodeo

Thanks guys. Wife is improving but still no idea what started everything. Hoping she can come home tomorrow.

She's home! Docs determined it was haemophilus Influenzae which normally causes meningitis but instead got into the bloodstream and messed with the kidneys. 2 weeks of antibiotics and a little more time past that and she should be back to normal.

Thanks for all the prayers.

Now tomorrow I will get to shave again and it will be shave 2 with the $tree razor. Should be interesting with 4 days of growth.

Glad the wife is on the mend. Doesn't sound like the alternative would have been very nice either. But she is hoe and that is all that matters!

But she is hoe and that is all that matters!

What?
1f602.png

SOTD 2/2/19

Assured razor and blade from $tree(2)
Ever Ready w/ Two Band Badger
CFG Summer Storm (20)
WH
CFG Summer Storm AS

Oh man, todays shave was actually really nice. So first off due to the craziness of the past week it's been 4 days since I last shaved. I also decided to use just a bit more pressure with the brush while loading the soap and man did that make a difference. Tons of very nice dense and slick lather. Guess I have been to light handed with this soap.

Now for the razor. Started with the "aggressive" side and it had no issues taking the hair down. Switched to the "mild" side for pass 2 and there were times that if it weren't for the sound I may have forgotten there was even a blade in it. I was very surprised and ended up with a 2 pass 95% BBS with the rest DFS+ and zero irritation and no loss of fluids.

On the life side, my wife is feeling way better and is very happy to be home with the babies and fur babies.

I knew when Chris brought that to our attention I wouldn't live it down!

On the serious side...I meant to say home...not hoe...I apologize for any confusion or unintended disrespect.

SOTD 2/3/19

Assured razor and blade (3)
Pilson w/ TGN synth
CFG Summer Storm
WH
CFG Summer Storm AS

well today was shave 3 with the $ tree razor and it finally fell off. Now it wasn't terrible but it was not particularly comfortable. Felt ok on pass 1 but didn't remove much and pass 2 felt like I was just scraping my face. Still ended up DFS but did have a good amount of short lived irritation and I did get several weepers.

Hit the soap harder again today and once again got a much better lather than I had normally been able to get so I will likely continue to do so.

Tomorrow's shave will be my first use of the MMOC I recieved from Rich and I plan to get that on video.

Have a good evening Cadre

Good job upping the lathers! That’s a big step in improvement.

Looking forward to the bloodlo- I mean MMOC shave!

Back