The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

TV Shows

Well dang…Mando keeps getting better! Great new episode last night. If you feel like it starts a bit slow, just hang in there, it’s worth it!
I'm having to go back and watch season 2. Started 3 and I have no idea what's going on..

giphy.gif

I'm having to go back and watch season 2. Started 3 and I have no idea what's going on..

giphy.gif
There does seem to have been a bit of disconnect with the way things were going in season 2. The whole Jedi plot line does seem to end a bit abruptly. I didn’t re-watch though, I just went with it.

Season 3 does feel like it follows a very different story ark from where speculation was likely hoping it would go after season 2. Still excellent though!

Picard Season 3 Episode #9 EPIC if you are a Star Trek Fan One of the best in the entire Star Trek Universe.... Except for one tiny detail...... Hokey at best... Can you Guess?

There does seem to have been a bit of disconnect with the way things were going in season 2. The whole Jedi plot line does seem to end a bit abruptly. I didn’t re-watch though, I just went with it.

Season 3 does feel like it follows a very different story ark from where speculation was likely hoping it would go after season 2. Still excellent though!

You’ll need one episode from the Boba Fett series to reconcile what you see in Mando S3 from what happened at the end of S2.

You’ll need one episode from the Boba Fett series to reconcile what you see in Mando S3 from what happened at the end of S2.
I saw Boba but it still just felt like a disconnect. Maybe because Mando and Grogu were so far removed from the whole mini-series? IDK 🤷‍♂️

It’s all good though. At this point in Mando s3…I’m past any worries about it. They’re doing a really great job.

Binged the rest of the OG Bosch series yesterday. Phew, what a finish! The last season was a deep tailspin up until the last couple episodes, with some weird and maybe half baked plot lines. It all worked out though and I think the series landed well afterall.

Starting the Legacy season next.

Binged the rest of the OG Bosch series yesterday. Phew, what a finish! The last season was a deep tailspin up until the last couple episodes, with some weird and maybe half baked plot lines. It all worked out though and I think the series landed well afterall.

Starting the Legacy season next.
Love that series. The last season was good but it seemed rushed to me. Didn't like the fact that they shortened it by two episodes either. The New series looks promising. There's talk of a couple of other Bosch world spin-offs as well.

has anyone seen the pope's exorcist? love me a russell crowe movie and this one seems intriguing from the trailer, but from what i have read the movie is slow paced. would any of you reccomend it for a watch?

has anyone seen the pope's exorcist? love me a russell crowe movie and this one seems intriguing from the trailer, but from what i have read the movie is slow paced. would any of you reccomend it for a watch?
I've seen it recommended to me but know little about it.

So I know it is a show geared more to kids...but this was a Graphic Novel I had to read for a college class. It is one of my favorites. I really thought when Disney announced they were going to make the series that they would flub it in some sort of way. But...I am half way through the series and I have to say that I am impressed. It's VERY well done in my opinion. The put some money into the budget and have taken the story and translated to TV very well. Might not be for everyone...but I thought it is done well. Definitely worth the watch...especially if you have pre-teens or younger teenagers.

Cool…my cousin is going to be on TV again! She was on Chopped previously I believe. Now she’ll be on Beat Bobby Fail!

IMG_3198.jpeg

I know we're late to the game, but we're binging Suits currently. I like the characters. The writing is hit and miss. They tend to take a plot line and beat it to death and then bring it back again. I hope this becomes less and we truck on. I think we're near the end of season 2.

Back