The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

TV Shows

Ted Lasso!!

Man this is a great show. We'd heard it was good, but didn't really know what to expect. We had a down weekend of being sick, so decided to get the free trial of Apple TV and just binge it. It's 3 seasons and goes by pretty quick. The first season's episodes are like 30-40 min, and the last season had a few episodes of an hour.

We were just not prepared for how good, and wholesome, and feel good, this show is.

Okay, need the help of the Cadre. I am probably the only person who really liked the show formerly on HBO called The Nevers. If you are not familiar with the show, HBO released the first half of the show in 2020. With plans to release the second half later. Then you know. World wide plague and Joss Whedon evidently is a horrible human being according to the film industry. So, Warner Brothers Discovery sold the show to Tubi. Okay great. Tubi is free. Here is the catch. You can’t watch the show whenever you want. It streams on a specific channel on Tubi that is live viewing only. And with my schedule and Danger Baby giving me a run for my money, watching it at the odd times the show is on (episodes show in revolving times that vary from day to day) is just not possible.

I’m looking to see if the collective Cadre mindhive can come up with a solution. I realize that asking all the old guys here is probably not my best option. But you are the only ones who tolerate me anymore.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Okay, need the help of the Cadre. I am probably the only person who really liked the show formerly on HBO called The Nevers. If you are not familiar with the show, HBO released the first half of the show in 2020. With plans to release the second half later. Then you know. World wide plague and Joss Whedon evidently is a horrible human being according to the film industry. So, Warner Brothers Discovery sold the show to Tubi. Okay great. Tubi is free. Here is the catch. You can’t watch the show whenever you want. It streams on a specific channel on Tubi that is live viewing only. And with my schedule and Danger Baby giving me a run for my money, watching it at the odd times the show is on (episodes show in revolving times that vary from day to day) is just not possible.

I’m looking to see if the collective Cadre mindhive can come up with a solution. I realize that asking all the old guys here is probably not my best option. But you are the only ones who tolerate me anymore.

Thanks for your help in advance.
Probably nothing worth the effort that I can think of.

There are Blu-ray releases of the first half of the show available. Maybe they’ll eventually put out the second half as well? Or at least with time it may be offered on On Demand services at some point.

Again, it would be a hassle, but you can screen record. So if you can at least start record when the show is on and let it run, you could watch it later.

Probably nothing worth the effort that I can think of.

There are Blu-ray releases of the first half of the show available. Maybe they’ll eventually put out the second half as well? Or at least with time it may be offered on On Demand services at some point.
That’s kind of what I was thinking as well. I was just hoping that maybe someone knew of a more immediate solution. I know I could figure out how to record it. But then I might as well watch it live.

Well yesterday I found the Squid Games reality show. I was watching the 1st episode when my wife got home. I figured it would be one of those shows that I would watch when she’s not around. Well she got sucked into it and we binged the first 8 episodes yesterday and fished the last 2 this morning.

Finally binged Band of Brothers. Great miniseries!

I hope some kind of WW, among other key wars, historicism and interest always continues through successive generations. Important stuff.

Blue Eyed Samurai. Usual relevant themes, with some twists and turns, for some pretty good storytelling and artistic scenes here n there. Great action too!

Can’t wait for the next season!

Definitely not for the kids!

Finally binged Band of Brothers. Great miniseries!

I hope some kind of WW, among other key wars, historicism and interest always continues through successive generations. Important stuff.
get ready for Masters of the Air. Same producers Starting Jan 26 on Apple, about the Air War WWII

Anyone else watch Slow Horses on Apple TV? Just finished up the third season and this show is absolutely fantastic! Is there a role that Gary Oldman can't play?

Back