The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

TV Shows

When I first was watching Wednesday and she went to the therapist I had to look up the actress who played her because I originally thought that the therapist was the little blond girl from the movies that Wednesday gave a hard time to.. Honestly I wish that they would have used some more of the original movies cast in the show, even in "New" roles..

Started watching "Wednesday" this week. Just going to say that I am hooked. It's witty and sharp. Humorous and dark. Funny and self deprecating. Dramatic and "spooky". I love deadpan humor and this show is full of it. But it doesn't really have one characteristic over another. I am not going to say that it is the most of anything, because it is not. But the show makes the corner of my mouth turn up over so slightly. Every now and then I laugh out loud. And for the post part I think the acting is pretty good. I am not a big fan of the casting choice of Luis Guzman as Gomez...but it's not horrible either, so I can live with it. Not sure what it is...but this show has me hooked. I am through the first three episodes so my critique is limited. But so far I like what I see. And I LOVE Jena Ortega as Wednesday Addams. I think Tim Burton has a great series in the making.
I agree 100%. Wasn't sure when I saw the previews, but after watch the first few episodes this weekend, I am enjoying it. Quirky, fun watch.

Caught up on Willson series now finally…it’s even better! Some great cameos and possibly some hints that a certain main character is still alive (still really hoping out hope for this one despite the 6th episode finish).

Okay...so I got around to watching Obi-Wan Kenobi.

Let me preface this with I finally finished The Clone Wars (and the last season of it was totally bad ass), then I watched whatever crappy movie George Lucas wrote that pretends that in any way, shape, or form that Hayden Christensen was a believable Anakin Skywalker turned Darth Vader.

Then watched The Bad Batch and I can't wait for season two in a few days.

Then Solo (again) it's okay...fun watch...that's about it.

And in the middle of all that I realized that Stories of the Jedi was out and watched that as well. If you like The Clone Wars and/or The Bad Batch, then you definitely want to watch Stories of the Jedi.

Then it was Obi-Wan Kenobi.

And now I am currently watching Rebels...which I am really enjoying.

Oh yeah, can you tell...I am watching in chronological order.

Anyway...on to Obi-Wan Kenobi. Ewan McGregor is a really good Obi-Wan. I like him in that role and I doubt you will find many that disagree. And I am going to say something that I know garnered a lot of attention even before the show was released. Moses Ingram in the role of the Third Sister was not a good choice. I don't doubt her acting ability, and I am sure she is great in other things. But she doesn't play the Third Sister Inquisitor very well at all. Maybe it was the script writing...and I bet that it is. Speaking of the script...this whole series had something off about it and didn't have that Dave Filoni feel that we have from other works. I thought the overall story-line was pretty week and altogether rushed. Okay, this has been long enough. Overall I thought this serious was pretty...MEH. Maybe in new seasons they can improve upon it. But this first season I found really lacking. That wasn't to say that it didn't have it's bright spots. But mostly I wasn't all that crazy about it.

The Bad Batch Season Two!!!!

1672958360877.png

Watched the first two episodes last night. Yup...still love this show!

Just finished The Mandalorian season 1.
Not sure I see what all the accolades were about. It's the Man With No Name with a Muppet. More plot holes than your average Doctor Who episode.
Mildly enjoyable but no real meat.

I’ve finally gotten around to Schitt’s Creek and am pleasantly surprised. I’m not really a fan of cringe humor, but this is good. I also have a new found appreciation for Eugene Levy. On SCTV, his characters were always very broad and over the top, and I just didn’t like them. On SC, he’s so understated and really good.

I’ve finally gotten around to Schitt’s Creek and am pleasantly surprised. I’m not really a fan of cringe humor, but this is good. I also have a new found appreciation for Eugene Levy. On SCTV, his characters were always very broad and over the top, and I just didn’t like them. On SC, he’s so understated and really good.
I expected to hate it. Really enjoyable. Could not binge it like TLOTH did, but episodes here and there.

Finished watching the second season of Hunters on Amazon Prime. Touchy, but well done I think!

On to my first run through of the Bosch series now. A couple episodes in, I’m hooked so far! @bosch

Well dang…Mando keeps getting better! Great new episode last night. If you feel like it starts a bit slow, just hang in there, it’s worth it!

Back