The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

TV Shows

Gagi

Here for the Bingo
Golden age for TV, everyone are hooked to one or more. What's your favorite?
One of my is ending tonight, The americans. And I'm so excited, I would have tough time to fall asleep ( 'cause time diference, I will see it tomorrow)!

I'm not really hooked on any one show in particular. Almost any nature or archeological type show and most trade type shows (Forged in Fire etc) i record and watch at will when my kids are asleep or when its raining

That's a nice suggestion. We don't have that on our local History chanel, will check it out. Thanks!

Game of Thrones, Westworld, Forged in Fire top my list.

I have The Terror recorded and waiting to start.

The Amercans!!! YES, YES YES I also like
NCIS
Hawaii 50
Deadlist Catch
Lucifer
The story of Sci Fi with James Cameron
GOT
One Strange Rock
and many more, LOL

I'm a sucker for 30 min sitcoms pretty much all of them lol

Game of thrones
Walking Dead

That's what we are currently watching

I used to watch river monsters and the old top gear on bbc. The new grand tour from amazon is pretty good, but I don't know how long it is going to run.

Other than when GT is on, forged in fire is the only show I watch. There is a lot to it that they don't show, but overall it is drama free and pretty good. I will watch a good documentary or movie occasionally though, but rarely tv shows.

Golden age for TV, everyone are hooked to one or more. What's your favorite?
One of my is ending tonight, The americans. And I'm so excited, I would have tough time to fall asleep ( 'cause time diference, I will see it tomorrow)!
I am seasons behind on the Americans but it is a fantastic Show...I need to catch up.

The Terror just might be my favorite Show right now. It is so good!

It's been around for a while and they no longer make episodes...but there is a BBC show called MI-5 (the show, not the movie) and over seas they call it Spooks. But it was a fantastic show. One of my favorites of all time. There were 10 seasons total and just incredible. It used to be on Netflix, but now I think it is on Hulu. Anyway...check it out if you can!

Let’s see, I’m pretty selective these days, this is just my list:

- Sherlock (reruns when I can)
- Elementary
- Walking Dead
- FTWD
- Stranger Things
- Forged in Fire
- American Pickers
- Last Ship

I feel like there’s a lot on extended break that I’m missing, lol. Can’t think of the rest.

TV shows lately. I DVR and watch during the week after I get home from work while my sweet, young, and lovely is sleeping. She is not a fan of any of these:
Forged in Fire
Into the Badlands
The Terror
Forged in Fire: Knife or Death
Also: History Channel, AHC, Military Channel in general I can find something I like watching.

I also enjoy watching movies. Action, adventure, Sci Fi, comedy, and really just about anything.

TV shows lately. I DVR and watch during the week after I get home from work while my sweet, young, and lovely is sleeping. She is not a fan of any of these:
Forged in Fire
Into the Badlands
The Terror
Forged in Fire: Knife or Death
Also: History Channel, AHC, Military Channel in general I can find something I like watching.

I also enjoy watching movies. Action, adventure, Sci Fi, comedy, and really just about anything.

I have been busy for the past couple of weeks and the wife and I just watched the last episode last night of The Terror. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND this show. It's a one off so don't expect a second season, but it has to have the best acting I have seen in a TV show in a very long time....maybe ever. Absolutely fantastic...you actually feel like you are living the show.

The Wife and I just finished binge re-watching Leverage. If you like heist shows you definitely should check it out. It is around 80 episodes of awesomeness with Timothy Hutton leading a really great ensemble cast.

Last night we started binge re-watching Boston Legal. James Spader and Bill Shatner make one hell of a great team on screen. The supporting cast is also top notch. It is a great legal drama with some absurdity and dark humor thrown in.

These are two of my favorite shows. Other favorites include (in no particular order):
Scrubs
Battlestar Galactica (SciFi remake)
Burn Notice
Firefly
Justified
White Collar
House of Cards (Netflix)
Orange is the New Black (Netflix)
The Man in the High Castle (Amazon)
The Grand Tour (Amazon)
Bosch (Amazon - This is worth the price of one year of Prime on its own.)
The Orville
Star Trek (any series, but especially TNG)
Veronica Mars
Buffy the Vampire Slayer
Angel

I'll make a plug for one of my favorite shows ever. West Wing. The writing is SO good. Great mix of on-going and one episode story lines. Down to earth characters and great actors. I watched it all. Then had it all on DVD and my wife and I watched it all. And when I was laid up I started streaming it again.

How could I forget...Lost!

One of the best sci-fi series’ I’ve watched to date. Well worth some binge sessions!

Very good, just wish they would have ended it properly.

I will agree and say the ending was not what I expected and could have been a little better. As a whole though, pretty much up until those final episodes, I was pretty dang addicted.

How many tats you have TJ?

2 for now

1 is Japanese Kanji for trust and a Yin/yang Symbol on a scroll on my left shoulder

2 is a large tribal design SWMBO drew on my upper back. It’s from shoulder blade to shoulder blade and about 6-7 inches high.

I really want another one symbolic of me and my relationship with each member of my family but haven’t quite yet figured the details out on it. My artist has at minimum 30 days waiting list and has been as deep as 90-120 days at times.

Back