The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

TSC Watch List

Looks kosher to me. Seiko SSA441. I like the green! The price seems a little too good to be true though.. I've never seen them for less than $300. But, if they're on close out that doesn't seem far-fetched.
Ok, thanks. That's why I was asking, because the priced seemed to low to be true.

Looks kosher to me. Seiko SSA441. I like the green! The price seems a little too good to be true though.. I've never seen them for less than $300. But, if they're on close out that doesn't seem far-fetched.
After doing some research, it appears that Wish is known to sell fakes/counterfeits/clones so I will probably pass on those for now.

Been wearing my grandfather's Seamaster since 1992.That's all I got.
32dafbff34940689030fc45c23bf61e4.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 5a using Tapatalk

Ok, thanks. That's why I was asking, because the priced seemed to low to be true.
It doesn't seem right to me for a few reasons. If you shop around, you'll see prices typically around $400 for this model.

One seller's photo is fuzzy. The other photo doesn't show the complete dial. I'd like to see the markings shown on either side of the "6". Comparable models elsewhere show "Made in Japan" vs. "Japan" shown on the left side of the "6" in the seller's photo.

Box doesn't appear to be original. Not a big deal unless the seller is claiming it is new. Having said that, it's just another thing that doesn't add up.

It may well be OK. These are just my impressions on it.

It doesn't seem right to me for a few reasons. If you shop around, you'll see prices typically around $400 for this model.

One seller's photo is fuzzy. The other photo doesn't show the complete dial. I'd like to see the markings shown on either side of the "6". Comparable models elsewhere show "Made in Japan" vs. "Japan" shown on the left side of the "6" in the seller's photo.

Box doesn't appear to be original. Not a big deal unless the seller is claiming it is new. Having said that, it's just another thing that doesn't add up.

It may well be OK. These are just my impressions on it.
Thanks for your input. Yes the $400 range is what I saw too.

I just ordered 2 Other new watches so I am really not looking to buy anymore, but I really do like those Seikos Lol, the last time I bought a watch was probably the late 90's or early 2000's. I was gifted one about 10 years ago, but I can not tell you when the last time was that I actually wore a watch was. I like the idea of a watch and many of the styles and I absolutely love the mechanical movements (especially vintage pocket watches) but I hate wearing one on my wrist, I have no idea what possessed me to order 2 new ones.

Thanks for your input. Yes the $400 range is what I saw too.

I just ordered 2 Other new watches so I am really not looking to buy anymore, but I really do like those Seikos Lol, the last time I bought a watch was probably the late 90's or early 2000's. I was gifted one about 10 years ago, but I can not tell you when the last time was that I actually wore a watch was. I like the idea of a watch and many of the styles and I absolutely love the mechanical movements (especially vintage pocket watches) but I hate wearing one on my wrist, I have no idea what possessed me to order 2 new ones.
Maybe the C.E.C. ? LOL

Good day, comrades!

Today's watch was the blue dial Recta Altitude... Until the mail arrived. So, it is the second new watch day in a row.

This Vostok Komandirskie, model 811744, was in the mail box. These are some of the coolest manual wind watches ever made.

The bezel is bidirectional and the crown screws down. It is just a fun little time piece.
IMG_20220104_144437.jpg

Good day, comrades!

Today's watch was the blue dial Recta Altitude... Until the mail arrived. So, it is the second new watch day in a row.

This Vostok Komandirskie, model 811744, was in the mail box. These are some of the coolest manual wind watches ever made.

The bezel is bidirectional and the crown screws down. It is just a fun little time piece.
View attachment 72270
Winter Soldier…activate!

Back