The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

TSC Watch List

New watch day. ADDIESDIVE MY-H10. Got several Amazon gift cards at Christmas and added $20 to the total and got this. Basically a clone of a Seiko "Sumo". Has a NH35A movement (unbranded Seiko 4R35 movement). Stainless steel case and bracelet (solid links), ceramic bezel and a great lume. Nice watch!

IMG-8047.jpg

Last edited:
Ok watch geeks and gurus I need some help. I have no clue what I am doing and I don't like wearing any jewelry including watches, but...I find the design and looks of mechanical watches fascinating and I find myself somehow with the urge to buy a watch. So my question is...is the NH35A Automatic Movement any good?

Ok watch geeks and gurus I need some help. I have no clue what I am doing and I don't like wearing any jewelry including watches, but...I find the design and looks of mechanical watches fascinating and I find myself somehow with the urge to buy a watch. So my question is...is the NH35A Automatic Movement any good?
It’s a workhorse movement made by Seiko for use by other “budget” and “micro” brands. I have several watches with the movement and have had no issues with any of them. Be advised that mechanical watches will vary in accuracy (+ 5 seconds per day, -8 seconds per day, etc). It’s just a design “given”. It can be adjusted to be more accurate but let a pro do it if it’s that big of an issue for you.

@Fenster also the NH35A movement is both “hackable” and permits hand-winding so you won’t need to buy a mechanical winder.

Hacking means that when you pull the crown out all the way to set the time, the second hand will stop. Allows you to set it more accurately.

Well I ordered one tonight so hopefully it is nice.
I found a detailed review of this particular model. If the style and size work for you, you're getting a fantastic watch for the money. The watch specs are great, and the case finishing looks good. It wears nicely on a variety of straps, and the blue second hand against the white dial really pops. I can't wait to see the wrist shot! Congrats!

Ok
@Fenster also the NH35A movement is both “hackable” and permits hand-winding so you won’t need to buy a mechanical winder.

Hacking means that when you pull the crown out all the way to set the time, the second hand will stop. Allows you to set it more accurately.
Ok cool, thanks for the info.

I found a detailed review of this particular model. If the style and size work for you, you're getting a fantastic watch for the money. The watch specs are great, and the case finishing looks good. It wears nicely on a variety of straps, and the blue second hand against the white dial really pops. I can't wait to see the wrist shot! Congrats!

Thanks, I will check that out.

So I was stumbling around the internet and ran across this Seiko, but the only place I can find a reference to this model is on Wishdotcom. Is this legit? For this price? It comes in different colors and I like the design, but something doesn't seem right. Anyone have any insite about these?

Attachments

• IMG_20220103_104123837.jpg
    IMG_20220103_104123837.jpg
    115.1 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_20220103_104808929_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20220103_104808929_HDR.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 16
So I was stumbling around the internet and ran across this Seiko, but the only place I can find a reference to this model is on Wishdotcom. Is this legit? For this price? It comes in different colors and I like the design, but something doesn't seem right. Anyone have any insite about these?
Looks kosher to me. Seiko SSA441. I like the green! The price seems a little too good to be true though.. I've never seen them for less than $300. But, if they're on close out that doesn't seem far-fetched.

Back