The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

TSC Watch List

So here's the deal. I do have a couple of watches on nylon bands right now, but neither really went with the outfit my valet, Stephán, set out for me. And after the little quarrel we had about which cufflinks went best with the tie, I was not about to ask him to move the Aston Martin to get into the safe just to swap out a watch band. It's not that he wouldn't, but the snit he would be in the rest of the day would be a real grind.

367C449E-8A13-4417-97D3-F93EB8EEC2E1.jpeg

So here's the deal. I do have a couple of watches on nylon bands right now, but neither really went with the outfit my valet, Stephán, set out for me. And after the little quarrel we had about which cufflinks went best with the tie, I was not about to ask him to move the Aston Martin to get into the safe just to swap out a watch band. It's not that he wouldn't, but the snit he would be in the rest of the day would be a real grind.

View attachment 113930
Careful guys he’s gone Squirrely on us

Watch Wars!!!!!! Fabric band edition.

I'll be completely honest......until I started this ridiculous fake game show....I'd never heard of a fabric watch band. As someone that usually doesn't wear a watch for comfort reasons (among those are the fact that I normally wear a watch on my right wrist...the arm I clicky clicky all day long with on the computer....which is opposite of most everyone I've ever known.....it must have something to do with being secretly left-hand dominate but being taught to be right-hand dominate by a very uncaring 1970's and 80's schooling system.).....I'm intrigued by a fabric band. It might get me back into wearing a watch again (I said maybe, Dave).

But let's take a look at the fabric bands of the Cadre.

First up is Rich....of the I use fabric bands in all my courtship rituals......or so I tell my attorneys variety:

image-jpg.113925

Rich!!!! This is most unacceptable. Wait...did you catch Summer Vacation Brain from Dave??? Hang on...consulting the handbook......yep, seems another symptom is the complete lack of regard for fake game show rules. Great..... @NurseDave is now Patient X and is willfully infecting the entire Cadre. I can only imagine how the symptoms are going to manifest in a cross-species specimen such as Chad.....the world may be in grave danger.

Up next is Dave......of the Band of Brothers variety:

img_1414-jpeg.113927

Whoa-hoa!! Talk about yacht rock in a watch...I feel the urge to put on some Jimmy Buffet and sail away from this craziness. This is the most chill watch I've ever seen. No need for numbers on this watch.....time is immaterial where ever you're sporting this beauty. It's like yoga on a wrist. Bring me a rum punch.....I'm gone.

Our next contestant is Dave....of the Band-y-hoo boy! variety:

367c449e-8a13-4417-97d3-f93eb8eec2e1-jpeg.113930

Oh no....the symptoms continue unabated today.....He's now crossed into the delusions of grandeur stage. That's often accompanied by an uncontrollable desire to speak in a British accent.......oopps...I spoke too soon. This is starting to become a mess. According to my handbook, the next few stages involve limitless spending on jeans that make his butt look good and a hiccuping sound that emanates from a part of his body that normally isn't associated with sound (I'll refrain from mentioning the exact location out of fear of running afoul of the TOU). Bummer that he couldn't leave his poor valet to do his job and move this lovely watch to a fabric band.....a sure win was passed over in the momentary desire to be right when I clearly told him that the cufflinks were not a direct match to the tie but a homage to the pattern of the tie and then he got all, "well, who is the real boss in this relationship?" and he knows how I dislike confrontation and before you know it, he's speeding off in the Aston Martin and ...........oh dear, I seem to be catching his SVB. Patient X strikes again.

Well....the results are in....and it seems that Dave's valet has packed up and headed back to his ancestral home in Bermondsey in South London. If this is how "the boss" is going to treat his "employee"....then he can prearrange his own socks each evening.

As for the contest today.......seems that @BarberDave was the only contestant....so.......winner?

Come back tomorrow when our theme will be.........Watches you never wear.

So ummm, wouldn't wearing it for the contest negate that statement?
Do not annoy Stephán...for he will return from London and systematically move every whiskey in your collection from one bottle to another so you never know what you will be drinking....like a beverage randomizer from hell.

Back