The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

TSC Watch List

Watch Wars!!!!! Green edition.

Most of the planet is covered in green stuff....less so where @BarberDave and I live but cactus can occasionally appear as a greenish color.

Let's take a look at some green watches.

First up a new (unwilling) contestant....it's @fhalden (sorry, I don't know your first name) of the I posted my watch in this thread and was not aware that some goofy dude has turned this into a weird fake game show variety:

474b78c6549167f8e80df630fca0fe34.jpg

Very nice. I like the hands....very pointy. The face is very easy to read and its tre-retro. It is missing the color green...so it probably won't win today's contest. Try back tomorrow and in the future.

Up next is Rich of the everyone is green with envy after seeing how well I get along with the ladies variety:

img_0429-jpeg.113838

Ok....I'm really glad Rich included this second photo because the un-illuminated version of this watch wasn't going to get much notice from the judges......but this!!!!! WOW!!!! Rich is so good at this competition...I'm honestly surprised he isn't in the lead in wins.

Our next contestant is Ed....of the my favorite color is camo variety:

f7efad6c51298c7abe6935cc91cdaaf9.jpg

I still maintain that this watch is spectacular in its simplicity. Not in any way overstated....it's perfect as a daily driver. Ed doesn't do flashy...and yet....this watch is still a fancy looker of a watch. I'm so tempted to look for one for myself (no Dave....the CEC is not going to get me....oh wait......I'm now looking at a similar Seiko watch......damn).

Up next is Dave of the My cactus's are green because I wet them each day.....after I drink my scotch variety:

f8805c90-8b62-4071-b8e2-cc3bf20f88dd-jpeg.113852

Well, now we know where all the green in Arizona went to. Whoa!!! That's pretty cool looking. Would have been a solid entry on tropical day.....once again, Dave is the matchy matchy man. And I detect meteorite.

Our next contestant is Mark....of the Green Onions is the greatest instrumental song of all time......(sorry...did I just shout that out loud?) variety:

img-2590-jpg.113854

MARK!!!!! That's a green watch. It's too bad that the band isn't green also......not that that's a bad thing. I really like this one. I'd be willing to bet that those white dots glow in the dark......but that's not the point of today. I like how the face has a deeper green than the bezel. It's like a seaweed bed......of heavenly watchness. Very nice.

Up next is Dave....of the my scrubs are green....and so's my underwear....I think variety:

433e4f91-6302-426f-9b36-487df7788d70-jpeg.113855

This is just sad. Summer Vacation Brain affects 1 in every 300 vacation goers....and it looks like Dave has an acute case. The first symptom is failing to follow simple directions clearly (not an obvious indicator for Dave as that's his normal day-to-day) but the second symptom is confusing the color purple for the color green. I do hope that Dave gets the SVB Vaccine before he progresses to the next stage which is violent, uncontrolled flatulence......oh, no.... I'm getting reports out of the bay area that my diagnosis may have come too late.....oh well. Nice try Dave.

WHOA!!!!! What's this? We have a 7th contestant (a new high for this fake game show!!) and its Gerry....of the I once smoked something green back in my school days.....or so I tell everyone variety:

img_20230627_135813292-jpg.113859

Sweet!!! I like the green and gold look (very Irish). And the leather band is a plus. Really cool face....simple...understated....refined...much like Gerry (just kidding, bud...love ya). This makes me wonder why Gerry has only ever entered this fake contest twice before (and won once!)......come on Gerry......join the silliness more often.

Ok....leftover spaghetti is nuked and I'm ready to declare a victor.....it's................

@Majorrich

There were several strong candidates to take home the trophy (trophy not included) and I had to go back and look a few times to decide.....but that super green glow in the dark face put Rich over the top.....much like how he gets all his women.

Well, that's it for today...come on back tomorrow when our theme will be..........fabric bands.

Watch Wars!!!!! Green edition.

Most of the planet is covered in green stuff....less so where @BarberDave and I live but cactus can occasionally appear as a greenish color.

Let's take a look at some green watches.

First up a new (unwilling) contestant....it's @fhalden (sorry, I don't know your first name) of the I posted my watch in this thread and was not aware that some goofy dude has turned this into a weird fake game show variety:

474b78c6549167f8e80df630fca0fe34.jpg

Very nice. I like the hands....very pointy. The face is very easy to read and its tre-retro. It is missing the color green...so it probably won't win today's contest. Try back tomorrow and in the future.

Up next is Rich of the everyone is green with envy after seeing how well I get along with the ladies variety:

img_0429-jpeg.113838

Ok....I'm really glad Rich included this second photo because the un-illuminated version of this watch wasn't going to get much notice from the judges......but this!!!!! WOW!!!! Rich is so good at this competition...I'm honestly surprised he isn't in the lead in wins.

Our next contestant is Ed....of the my favorite color is camo variety:

f7efad6c51298c7abe6935cc91cdaaf9.jpg

I still maintain that this watch is spectacular in its simplicity. Not in any way overstated....it's perfect as a daily driver. Ed doesn't do flashy...and yet....this watch is still a fancy looker of a watch. I'm so tempted to look for one for myself (no Dave....the CEC is not going to get me....oh wait......I'm now looking at a similar Seiko watch......damn).

Up next is Dave of the My cactus's are green because I wet them each day.....after I drink my scotch variety:

f8805c90-8b62-4071-b8e2-cc3bf20f88dd-jpeg.113852

Well, now we know where all the green in Arizona went to. Whoa!!! That's pretty cool looking. Would have been a solid entry on tropical day.....once again, Dave is the matchy matchy man. And I detect meteorite.

Our next contestant is Mark....of the Green Onions is the greatest instrumental song of all time......(sorry...did I just shout that out loud?) variety:

img-2590-jpg.113854

MARK!!!!! That's a green watch. It's too bad that the band isn't green also......not that that's a bad thing. I really like this one. I'd be willing to bet that those white dots glow in the dark......but that's not the point of today. I like how the face has a deeper green than the bezel. It's like a seaweed bed......of heavenly watchness. Very nice.

Up next is Dave....of the my scrubs are green....and so's my underwear....I think variety:

433e4f91-6302-426f-9b36-487df7788d70-jpeg.113855

This is just sad. Summer Vacation Brain affects 1 in every 300 vacation goers....and it looks like Dave has an acute case. The first symptom is failing to follow simple directions clearly (not an obvious indicator for Dave as that's his normal day-to-day) but the second symptom is confusing the color purple for the color green. I do hope that Dave gets the SVB Vaccine before he progresses to the next stage which is violent, uncontrolled flatulence......oh, no.... I'm getting reports out of the bay area that my diagnosis may have come too late.....oh well. Nice try Dave.

WHOA!!!!! What's this? We have a 7th contestant (a new high for this fake game show!!) and its Gerry....of the I once smoked something green back in my school days.....or so I tell everyone variety:

img_20230627_135813292-jpg.113859

Sweet!!! I like the green and gold look (very Irish). And the leather band is a plus. Really cool face....simple...understated....refined...much like Gerry (just kidding, bud...love ya). This makes me wonder why Gerry has only ever entered this fake contest twice before (and won once!)......come on Gerry......join the silliness more often.

Ok....leftover spaghetti is nuked and I'm ready to declare a victor.....it's................

@Majorrich

There were several strong candidates to take home the trophy (trophy not included) and I had to go back and look a few times to decide.....but that super green glow in the dark face put Rich over the top.....much like how he gets all his women.

Well, that's it for today...come on back tomorrow when our theme will be..........fabric bands.
Actually Oyster shell

Oh no....I just looked in my handy Fake Internet Diseases and How To Spot Them handbook (also includes the best Harry Potter Butterbeer recipe) and the 4th symptom is underhanded compliments. Someone rush @NurseDave to the nearest hospital so he can get further treatment.

Back