The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

TSC Watch List

In answer to your question, Steven, we were all exposed to magnetic fields at all times both automatic and quartz watches can be affected by the frequencies that the magnetic fields produce most modern watches have that taken care of in the case, however, some of the older watches did not some watches, are more non-magnetic than others, which means that they would be more accurate because magnetism creates a frequency, and that frequency can affect the frequency of the watch movement

Dude, that's the leeeegit of my dreams!
We were at the market and I went on a stated mission to find a fake Rolex. But I would not settle for a quartz movement (of which there were many). I came across the table of a mighty Rastaman and asked him about his fake Rolexes. he motioned to the quartz ones. I then said “No, I want one of the nice ones” I felt like agent J looking for weapons. He then produced the box from under his chair. We haggled down to the $40 each he probably already wanted. I’ve not opened the case yet. I will videotape that.

f4bdbb023682fd2b9376cd1da40301bc.jpg

This one would look amazing on your wrist. [emoji41][emoji2]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Decided to wear a new one today. Numbers on the bezel, baseball stitching on the band, and dedicated to the Tuskegee Airmen. If this doesn’t win I only want to know why Steven doesn’t like heroes.

53F7F2F3-A7AB-45E1-B3C1-A392024AF3B1.jpeg

Watch Wars!!!!!! Extra helpings of Me edition.

I used to wear a watch......at one point in the 1980's...I wore two watches (don't ask...we did weird stuff back then in the name of fashion....just look at Hammer pants)....but in the past 10-15 years, I've stopped because I don't wear a watch on the wrist most people normally do.....I wear it on my right wrist....and that's the arm that I do my clicky clicky on the computer all day long. So the band ends up bothering me while I'm working....so....no watch.

Part of my reason for starting this fake game show was simply out of silliness and trying to pit the Dave's against each other (sorry fellas....you're too easy to read) but also so I could get a look at some of the finer watches....and maybe I would find something I might like enough to start wearing a watch again (there have been several....recently).

So, today's theme is Watches Steven might want to wear. Let's see what everyone thinks I might want to wear.

Up first is Rich....of the Not only do I know what watch Steven wants to wear....I know what shirt he wants to wear...and I'm wearing it right now variety:

img_0432-jpeg.114079

See...Rich knows what's up. I do love a functional watch. I do love Star Wars. I do really like that band. And I do love Rich. Everyone should try to be more like Rich.

Up next is Ed....of the Steven?...I hardly know-em variety:

f4bdbb023682fd2b9376cd1da40301bc.jpg

Ed single-handedly cracks me up and makes me smile everytime he wears this watch. Sure, it's in clear violation of the one and done rule but with Ed....I don't care. Ed....you could wear this watch everyday, for all time and I'd still let in into the competition as if it was the first time you wore it. Ed....never change. Ever. Every word of praise I've ever heaped on this watch, still applies.

Our next entry is from Dave...of the Steven? Who's this Steven you speak of variety:

53f7f2f3-a7ab-45e1-b3c1-a392024af3b1-jpeg.114098

Ok.....our first new watch of the competition.....and it looks amazing!!! And Dave is right...this ticks all the right boxes for me. Leather band. Baseballesque. History. Numbers. Arm hair. Yep....I agree....this one is super nice.

Up next is Dave....of the I met Steven once.....I wasn't impressed variety:

img_1433-jpeg.114100

Yep....this is a very special watch. And I LOVE IT!!!! Dave knows I love NASA.....and just look at that band. The face on this watch is so striking.....it's like staring up at a full moon....you can't look away.

Sorry all.....the boss decided to take the day off so I've been filling in for him......without extra compensation!

So today's winner is.......................ME!!!!

No seriously....I love all of these watches. I really can't pick one over the others. Today....everyone wins.

So that's it for the daily version of our show. Come see us next Wednesday when our theme will be............................I have no idea.

Back