The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

TSC Watch List

All Stainless Baby. Submitted early have a long Drive ahead me Today.
a9154b842f1d9c59ec6902129fc30474.jpg

1cd1333f1dc92d330be569d9989584d1.jpg

50565b3ce35a3ba941e881d58578b859.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Watch wars!!! Stainless edition.

Leave it out in the rain.....it won't stain.

Stainless steel is not a fun metal to work with, it requires a certain skill....and a lot of expensive tooling (the machine shop down stairs from my office is proof)....but it looks super cool as a watch metal.

Let's have a look-see at the shiny watches.

First up is Ed....of the I'm tougher than any old steel....and I'm purposely covered with stains variety:

a9154b842f1d9c59ec6902129fc30474.jpg

See....Ed knows what's up. Look at all the numbers. And it's a Citizen....and it has that signature Ed band....not liking the orange and black combo (consult with Nurse Dave on that egregious foul). But I call this a stainless masterpiece.

Up next is Rich...of the I'm the kinda guy that has a few stains.......in my past variety:

img_0425-jpeg.113778

Rich is the king of the vintage coolness watch. This one is super cool. I can see some 1950's dude wearing this one to work at "the office" each day. The face looks neat with an almost texture to it. Rich is the Cadre's Don Draper/James Bond/Hugh Hefner....or maybe they're imitating him.

The next entry is from Mark.....of the There's more to heavy metal that just the music variety:

img-2579-jpg.113782

Mark loves him some heavy metal. And this sure qualifies. Looks super heavy and super cool. I like the monochromatic nature of it with just the single dot of red. Not pretentious, not flashy....just straight forward and cool (like Mark).

Up next is the man, fresh off his vacation....he's the one and only Dave....of the I don't need suntan lotion.....I have stainless steel buns variety:

77a4b274-a065-4e36-a6bf-1bedde3e2b33-jpeg.113784

Oooooo....I likey. Stainless on stainless on stainless....on a lot of arm hair. And very little tan (what happened?) But the watch is very cool. It's the matchy matchy high water mark.

Our next entry is from Dave....of the I get burns on my body from hot steel....and I like it variety:

06-26-2023-jpg.113794

Ok.....this is a major bummer. The photo's all blurry. It looks like a cool watch and it ticks off all the stainless boxes....but was Dave running from the air-conditioned house to the air-conditioned car when he took this photo? Come on, man!! Still...I like it. Very shiny. It looks like it says Speedway....or maybe it's Reedwavy....both sound nice.

Alrighty.....I've reheated my boneless wings and I'm ready to declare the winner.....it's........

@NurseDave

Fresh off the lush sands of Hawaii...our man picks up the stainless steel trophy (trophy not included). I guess all work and no play....doesn't affect our vacationing hero.

Ok....come on back tomorrow when our theme will be....

Green.

And apparently Oompa Loompas…. (Admittedly this pic is a touch creepy.)

View attachment 113805
What??? I like the Oompa Loompas. It's the combination of orange and black....historically the team colors of the hated baseball team, the Giants. It seems heightist to lump the Oppa Loompas in with anything called the Giants.

This watch has turned out to be a good deal. It keeps great time, and reminds me of Frank and Joe Hardy, for no reason except that it's what I think their watches would've looked like. They had low-tech crime fighting wristwatches, in mid-20th Century pop-culture terms.
474b78c6549167f8e80df630fca0fe34.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Back