The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

TSC Watch List

Do not annoy Stephán...for he will return from London and systematically move every whiskey in your collection from one bottle to another so you never know what you will be drinking....like a beverage randomizer from hell.
Like he knows what he’s drinking now come on Steven

Been a long time since I’ve worn this Cheapo Watch.
ba4e318da5a2408c1bc3cf68b1965461.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Never… indicates never worn, which would negate anyone wearing it today, as that is not never. So hardly ever worn is this beauty
Early 1930’s Titus Geneve
Landeron movement in rare chronograph for the times
Hirsch Cognac alligator band
18k Rose gold
Rarely worn due to softness of Gold, worth, rarity. But for @heysi , I shall allow the rabble to see the museum piece 🤪🤪🤪
C1AD93A4-430D-41F5-9F07-4152FB1B8A3A.jpeg

This is a very very seldom worn watch. There are a couple of reasons, and also a story to this watch. First, it’s not particularly accurate. Until this morning, it hasn’t sported as band. (The original turned my wrist strange colors)
It is also the very first of my collecting leeegit watches. I bought two of these at the marketplace in St Thomas on New Year’s Eve eve 2020. One for me and one for my late father. He really loved his and I think he was wearing it the day he died. I may consider disassembling it someday, but for now it’s a memory watch.

IMG_0431.jpeg

I now return you to your regularly scheduled programming.

I decided not to wear my new watch as I know that Steven was looking for watches that we rarely wear and if nothing else I would like to support our game master regardless of how much this boarders on frivolity.

Today I chose a watch also in honor of our Roast Master. And for the life of me, I don't see why he takes any compliments or thoughtfulness as butt-kissing. I mean it is, but why is it always assumed?? Anyway, with the 2 rulers and t-square as hands, it honors all those in the engineering profession. In addition, it's whimsical just like Steven, and even has all the numbers for those slower-witted among us.
F5546D7E-D810-4328-83B9-F79037DF8663.jpeg

This is a very very seldom worn watch. There are a couple of reasons, and also a story to this watch. First, it’s not particularly accurate. Until this morning, it hasn’t sported as band. (The original turned my wrist strange colors)
It is also the very first of my collecting leeegit watches. I bought two of these at the marketplace in St Thomas on New Year’s Eve eve 2020. One for me and one for my late father. He really loved his and I think he was wearing it the day he died. I may consider disassembling it someday, but for now it’s a memory watch.

View attachment 114018
Dude, that's the leeeegit of my dreams!

I now return you to your regularly scheduled programming.

I decided not to wear my new watch as I know that Steven was looking for watches that we rarely wear and if nothing else I would like to support our game master regardless of how much this boarders on frivolity.

Today I chose a watch also in honor of our Roast Master. And for the life of me, I don't see why he takes any compliments or thoughtfulness as butt-kissing. I mean it is, but why is it always assumed?? Anyway, with the 2 rulers and t-square as hands, it honors all those in the engineering profession. In addition, it's whimsical just like Steven, and even has all the numbers for those slower-witted among us.
View attachment 114024
NurseDave wins the ultimate Butt kiss award. You go any deeper you’ll be able to look out of Steven’s eyes.😂😂😂

Watch Wars!!!!! (almost) never worn edition (to satisfy the two pains in my rear over a simple, pedantic moment)

You've had it in a drawer or just sitting on the counter....but how often do you put it on and actually wear the sad thing?

Let's see those unloved time pieces.

First up is Tony....of the I wear the watches I want because I'm a strong, independent dude variety:

20230629_064337-jpg.114005

I had to check to see, but it appears that this is Tony's first entry into our (my) nonsense...Welcome, Sir. This is quite a striking watch. Someone put all the knobs and buttons on top....and that bezel is unique. The vertical date is kinda cool.....not something you typically see. Fine first entry.

Up next is Ed....of the I never wear top hats...are ya gonna ask me to post a picture of that too? variety:

ba4e318da5a2408c1bc3cf68b1965461.jpg

Ed has some great watches and he's been downplaying his collection this whole time. This one is really cool. The contrast between the black and dayglow green is attention-grabbing. Very 1980's!!!

Our next entry is Dave...of the I never say never because never is a declarative and I never indulge in those variety:

c1ad93a4-430d-41f5-9f07-4152fb1b8a3a-jpeg.114017

Nice. This has a very antique-y feel to it. I'm wondering why it says that it's non-magnetic.....is that an issue? The leather band is nice and I like the blue of the minute hand for a touch of color. Shame that you don't wear this more often.

Next is Rich of the I never..........ok, yes I do variety:

img_0431-jpeg.114018

Rich is the only one that seems to understand me. He was able to figure out that by never I meant rarely (see Dave's...be more like Rich). I like the band. Sets off the face nicely. The bezel looks like it could be ouchy....or a Resse's peanut butter cup....either way. I also like that there's a great story behind the watch.

Next up is Dave of the I also never say never....again variety:

f5546d7e-d810-4328-83b9-f79037df8663-jpeg.114024

Whoa. Ok...so Dave is pandering....clearly....in an attempt to get back in my good graces after his performance yesterday. But once again....his weak-sauce compliments are usually covering for a hidden insult....and yep...there it is.....the crack about the numbers. Well, mister.....the 8 on this watch is an insult to the fonts of the world. While you may have wooed me with the rulers and t-square.......you lost me with an underhanded insult and a horrible font infraction. We are through....good day, sir! Oh, who am I kidding? I still like you best (don't tell Dave).

Alright...here we go.....today's winner is.......

@Majorrich

His Resse's Rolex looks really sharp and has a great story. Hopefully his victory today will inspire him to wear that watch more often (that goes for all the contestants).

Ok....so starting next week I will be taking this fake game show to a weekly time slot. It will now be Watch Wars Wednesday!!!! And we'll go theme-less (mostly since I ran out of possible themes). Feel free to post your daily watches here thrusday through tuesday without fake judgement (or offer up a theme....I might like it and run with it) and then show up on wednesday with something fun or awesome or in NurseDave's case....insulting and complimentary (I'm on to you, sir).

So, for our final daily theme................lets go with watches that you think I'd wear.

Back