The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

TSC Watch List

Hang on....when did I start giving out Cups.......I could at least give out this one...

Fy4A3GeacAA83dD

Dang it.
996c24ed785e98ce4b0bfbf9bd5f6bc9.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are you saying you don't want a trophy? I could get one of those ones that has a naked lady on top.

And kudo's to Mark for waiting to show off his fine Diver's watch after the competition closed. It's a good looking watch.

Watch Wars......Swiss edition!!!

They make great chocolate....great army knives....and great watches (they also make great guards for the Pope but I digress).

Swiss perfection isn't a marketing catch-phrase, it's a real thing....so let's see how perfect your watches look.

Up first is Ed....of the he's the American H.R. Giger variety:

7c77d3bef3657d71813b0097946d4803.jpg

I assume this is Swiss made (I mean seriously....what do I know about watches?). It's a fine looking time piece. Lots of tick marks.....I lost count at one point....there's a lot. Even with all that....the face is beautiful.

Next up is our favorite nugget of chocolate....Dave...of the Le Corbusier variety:

06-20-2023-jpg.113428

Whoa!! That's a sweet looking watch. Again....lots of tick marks....must be some requirement in Switzerland....or maybe the ticks are made of chocolate. But as far as a watch face goes....this is pretty amazing. Also love the leather band.

Well......it's about that time....the judges have their lunch sorted and they're ready to announce a winner.......It's....

@BarberDave

Ya kinda knew this was going to be his category. Still Ed's watch is super nice (kinda like Ed).

See everyone tomorrow when the theme will be......

Made in Japan.

From a generation of watches assembled in Japan of Japanese parts. This one is in need of a service as it’s getting stiff to set. Certain key elements of the movement are plastic , and 50+ years later they may have begun to disintegrate. So it’s actually going back to Seiko IMG_0406.jpeg

Watch Wars!!!! Japanese Made edition.

Founded in 660 BC, Japan has always been a center of mechanical excellence. Some of the finest artist and craftsman in the world have called Japan their home.

And Japanese watches are a combination of artistry and craftsmanship. Let's take a look at these fine time pieces.

Up first is Rich.....of the my land rises with the sun...and sets with awesome!! variety:

img_0406-jpeg.113477

Now, you would think this would get a nope from the judges....but Rich wisely put a bit of history of the watch in his post. This watch proves that the precision is still there. And since the judges are also 50+ years old....I have to admire how good looking it still is.....like the judges.

Up next is Dave....of the Tokyo Drift after too much wasabi variety:

3921a9b8-5aa5-4315-a859-9afff7cac77a-jpeg.113492

Well, you just knew Dave was going to go big on this theme......and he did. That watch may need to come with a brace, a sling and a warning. Dave's left arm grows 3/4 of an inch longer when he wears this one. But he's precise throughout his arm stretching experience. And do I detect meteorite?

Next up is Mark...of the Turning Japanese variety:

img-2528-jpg.113493

Sweet!! Mark knows how to complete the assignment. That face is very nice. And very precise. This competition is a better place when Mark shows up.

Here's our next competitor....Ed...of the Sushi? We call that bait variety:

1af3e807bf83e8d8952b77327ee6173e.jpg

Nice!! I like the look of this one. The green face and band....very matchy matchy...and that's always a good thing. Plus....NUMBERS!!! Ed's lunch making a cameo is extra points....and he's having ramen!!! Theme....NAILED!!

Alright...so it's time to declare a winner......It's........

@ED3054

Everyone brought excellent watches today but Ed brought ramen....and the judges love ramen. Rich was a close second because he actually told me something about the watch (major hint to the rest of you competitors out there).

So....join us tomorrow when our theme will be.............Divers!!!!! (somewhere you can hear Mark cheering and hooting and jumping up and down....settle down, my friend)

Back