The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

TSC Watch List

Watch Wars!!!! Second Hand edition!

We as humans, measure everything in a very linear way....and there are 84,600 seconds in a day (that's an accepted standard)....since time is also a construct we use to measure events on an oblique object rotating at a variable speed around a star on a slightly eccentric orbit....but I digress....

Let's have a look at the hands that count the moments....or maybe they're just the straw that stirs the drink of time...

Up first is my main man......my dancing machine...its Rich of the Time stands still for no one....but for Rich it does a jig variety:

img_0390-jpeg.113100

Holy monkeys!!! That watch is epically huge!! Rich may need a brace and some ibuprofen after today. But cheers for risking life and wrist for this silly competition.....Wow...3 second hands!! That seems excessive (I say that as I'm describing something about Rich....what has my world become?). So now I'm wondering why there isn't 2 more second hands on here.....there's a bit of space down on the lower part of the watch......seems like the designer got lazy. I do like the very nautical look to this watch.

Up next is Mark of the Ti-i-i-ime is on my side variety:

img-2476-jpg.113106

Oh darn.....this watch was submitted before. And that's a clear rule violation (not a made up rule....I swear I'm only making up new rules to mess with the Dave's). I really like this watch....the wave look is really cool. And the added detail of the shark tail is so subtle. Darn it.....I may have to throw out the one-and-done rule (right now the Dave's are losing their collective minds........settle down boys....I'm not really doing that).

Our next entry is from Dave....of the Time after Time variety:

img_1213-jpeg.113107

Ooooooooo.....that's a sweet looking time piece. Meteorite if I'm not mistaken. And the second hand has the logo on it!! Very cool. The face and bezel are so striking....what a stunner (much like Dave).

Up next...it's a new contestant (whether he likes it or not)...it's @BowtieRN (sorry, I don't know your first name)...of the It's time for you to join this silliness variety:

img_2455-jpeg.113121

Ok....I see a second hand (after zooming in) and it looks very classic. The face is the selling point here (I'm guessing that it's glowy), nice contrasting colors. A very nice first entry. Let's hope we see more of this contestant.

Here's our other Dave...of the Gotta get back in time variety:

56212cd4-9957-497f-a1ae-bdfbb6d1da6f-jpeg.113122

Whoa....very nice. This one has several cool things going on at once. The knurled bezel...the textured gold face....the red ticks.....the numbers(!!)....but it's the second hand we're looking at here today. And this one is cool. The little splash of white on the end makes it stand out. Very cool.

Well, the lunch bell has rung and we have the judge's decision.......it's....

@BarberDave

His second hand is really cool (that's what she said).

Join us tomorrow when our theme will be..........Unusual Shapes (and no, I don't mean your heads).

Watch Wars!!!!! Unusual Shapes edition.

We go through life expecting (nay....demanding) that things remain the way we want them to remian....but there's always some crackpot or dreamer out in the world that wants to break tradition or go their own way.....and sometimes that deviation from the norm is a good thing....

Let's take a look at the unusual watch shapes that these dreamers and crackpots have devised and see if norm busting is cool.

First up is Dave...of the universe doesn't have a shape and neither do I variety:

1b490368-7137-47c6-aef0-846b527ad4c0-jpeg.113160

Whoa! That's almost traditional....but then it's not. I feel like my alarm clock and Dave's wrist watch had a baby (and they named that baby Edger). That's actually really cool the more I look at it (and afterall....that is my job in this silly game show). I like that band. Very baseballesque. Yep...unusual watch. But I'm also distracted by the record player and sheet music in the background??? Are you double checking to see if the band played all the notes on the chart? What is happening here?

Next up is Dave...of the Shape of things is whatever I say it is variety:

img_1217-jpeg.113172

Ok...that is unusual........and I'm talking about the watch. Is it a bezel or a layout for a baseball diamond? And the racing stripe? Very cool. OH...and I'm seeing that the hour and minute hands are die cut!! That's cool. But what's up with that leather band?? Dave......that looks like it's about to fall apart. Mr. high end is neglecting his leather.

Well, my lunch has been irradiated and the judge's have decided......It's....

@NurseDave

I really like both watches today (where'd all the contestants go? Was it something I said?) but the alarm clock look was the over the top winner.

Well, enjoy your nonsenseless weekend and I'll see ya all back here on monday when our theme will be.....

Orange (yes Dave.......wear your hideous Giants watches.......you're allowed to this one time).

Does it count as orange too?
You would have won for today....but you would be in violation of the main rule: One submission per watch. But technically.....you haven't submitted it for anything. Since today's contest was already decided.

Back