The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

TSC Watch List

Dang it and All I can do is Throw BUCKEYES.
b3ab954e8a6478ae774973e921efad8a.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Watch Wars....College edition.

Hey, this theme always works for Jeopardy....maybe I can borrow a bit of their success.

Higher education is a good thing.....makes you a better person...keeps you curious....drains your bank account (or your parents...trust me.....I know).

My aunt always told me to keep learning new things....then she sent my cousin to a performing arts college in New York. Jokes on her....he became a hollywood producer and I had to go to tech school. Sometimes the coin lands on tails.

But a fair amount of our Cadre brothers went to fine colleges.....they learned great things....drank too much....puked often.

But that old college pride......which of them still have it?

Up first is Ed....of the School of hard Knocks variety:

6d3b2d4b33cb47a479454024cb815732.jpg

Yeah...I know Ed is an educated guy.....but he seems more like the kind of guy that learned more before he was 20 than your average college graduate. His watch reflects that. Ed's smart enough to know what time it is.....I like the band. But we've seen this before. Solid C+

Next up is Dave.....of the I don't feel tardy variety:

d2f559fd-3a8b-414c-85fb-4d8d11bc4b08-jpeg.112478

Dave's not one to hide behind his love for his school.......or his gift for bringing the facts......I did roll a tear thinking about the beaver that bit me......soft and cuddly it was.....but I'm not one to hold a grudge for grudge's sake....Dave shows up and stands up for his school. And that's to be admired (fact is that I've been to 3 college football games in my life and one of them was an OSU game....my stepfather went there for Pharmacy school...so I've cheered for the Beavers......and who doesn't want to make friends with a nice beaver?) This watch is a College watch...through and through. Good job. On Theme....Check!

Here's our next submission...it's Mark...from the School of Rock variety:

img-2383-jpg.112479

I know........Mark said he wasn't submitting a watch for today's contest but I really wanted to say he was from the School of Rock....so thank Mark for posting a photo. You're the Rock Professor Emeritus! Now get out of here ya deliquent.

Dave.....of the School's out forever variety submitted this entry:

06-06-2023-jpeg.112481

While Dave...of the City by the bay variety.....submitted a watch that didn't remind me of the hated giants...this watch does. Bummer too because it's a nice looking piece. Cool band. But its less OSU tribute and more....Vomit.....SF giants. And why wouldn't you wear the watch that represents your college???? That was the whole point of today. Talk about tripping out of the starting block. Looks like the days of too much drinkin', not enough studyin' have caught up with someone.

Up next is Rich.....of the Too Cool For School variety:

image-jpg.112502

This is nice....but as Rich said...it's not a college watch....but he is learning to build his own watches......so he's in a different type of school. The School of Watch Making....class of tuesday....4:30 pm. But hey, I like this watch. Kinda cool that Rich is our there learning new things (thank you Aunt Libby) and that's to be encouraged.

So....leftover spaghetti has been warmed and we're ready to rule the School........today's winner is.....

@NurseDave

I have to give it up to him.....he loves his very rain sodden school. He probably spent many a day not doing homework at McMenamins....or he hung out somewhere less chic like Tommy's 4th street. Either way.....he's a proud Beaver.

That's all the time we have today, kids...come on back tomorrow when our theme will be.......Smart Watches (somewhere Chad just wet himself)

This watch you have to be smart enough to see it’s not a 12 hour watch.

D1FF1FAB-470A-4F5C-827C-A51A61C7A114.jpeg

Back