The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

TSC Watch List

Love this new strap I got for this watch.
So Comfortable.
68778c0d12fc8c2956b94a379236bee0.jpg

7bda259dd0eae7fa97018c256b55b328.jpg

ff0a7c7c5e975ce575532cd02d9d5c64.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cadre, I need your help. I've run out of swear words and disparaging names for B Dave that I can apply when I buy a watch. Another one is on the way as of last night.
Love, admiration, Thanks for bringing you into the Horological Hobby
I bet your wife has plenty more. You should ask her 😜
She Loves me.... see below
LOL!!! I'm sure she does!
See above... I made her name a Disney Icon... so I think I am good

GOLD Day - Need a waiver... from Mr, Game Show Man.

Although the case of the watch may have been used in a previous day.... The band has not. You wanted GOLD so here it it 14K of watch Goldness, An Omega to boot, Vintage to boot, and a present from the one everyone loves @AvocadoQueen

There.... Did I suck up enough

06.05.2023.jpg
oh... PS GO KNIGHTS
Golden-Knights-Full-Page.jpg

Watch Wars....GOLD edition!!

It's the stuff of legend....the metal of pharohs......the ring bling!!

It's Gold.....and we all love it....or at least we think we do.

Let's see who has that most precious of metal.

First up is Mark.......of the Gold! (gold)....always believe in your soul...variety:

img-2376-jpg.112398

Yep...Mark's got that bling. Matchy Matchy on the watch and the band. Plus there's a bit of gold on the hands....very nice. Mark knows what's up.

Next up is Dave......of the Golden state variety:

93ea0e9b-c764-499c-9b2e-5fda676b96fe-jpeg.112400

We're not going to repost the obvious pandering photo Dave originally posted....we'll still give him points for it....but we're trying to rise above such things (GO KNIGHTS GO!!). This is a nice watch. More of the guts and gears going on......we likey. The leather band is sharp. And he's mixed it up with yellow and rose gold. Dave's not playing around today. He can be a serious competitor when he wants to be.

Here's the entry from Dave....of the there's Gold in them thar hills variety:

06-05-2023-jpg.112421

Ok....I love this watch...one of the main reason's it won a contest already....and I love @AvocadoQueen (she's the bestest) but just swapping out the band feels like you're trying to cheat the other guys. They didn't pull out a winning watch and just change the band. I give you points for the gold band......nice touch....but nope. Oh, you also get point for sucking up, ala Sprecher style.

Well, the leftover pizza has been nuked and the judges are ready to declare a Golden winner....and it's......

@NurseDave

I like the rose Gold. It was something I was not expecting. Nice.

So....that's all for today.....the judges are going to be busy cheering on their favorite hockey team....The Vegas GOLDEN Knights and we'll see everyone tomorrow when our theme will be.....

.....College (this will give Dave an excuse to wear all of his cursed Orange and Black watches. Maybe he'll do us a favor and wear them all at once).

Back