The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

TSC Watch List

No Watch for me today. Just got home from Surgery.
eeab4263d03b9f91a8534a0560646323.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Avast ye landlubbers!!!! Welcome to the HMS Watch Wars....nautical edition!!!!

If ye be seekin' salty time pieces....ye came to the right port.

But show up with one of them....other watches....and ye goes down with the tide, ya bilge rat.

First seaman that presents for inspection is Klinker...of the new guy variety:

img_7221-png.112601

Arrrr....that be a lovely bangle. I see's that it be a Diver's watch but ye failed to impress the Captain of its nautical-ness. A watch like that might attract the likes of a greedy sea witch and bring a curse upon this crew. 50 lashes with the tentacle of the Kraken for ya.

Our next seaman approaches for inspection...its Rich....of the I'm only salty where the sun don't shine....and also where it does variety:

image-jpg.112617

Ahh....yet another Diver's watch. Ye all think the sea will take us down to Davy Jones locker and ye think you'll be prepared?.......Well avast says I. The briny depths has no time for no man and his fancy shiny bracelets. A dozen years in the brig for ye and your wretched wrist.

Step forward young seaman.....oh look, it's our trusty coxswain...Dave...of the barnacles can be used as toilet paper if ye be extra careful variety:

431ec925-12f6-46c4-a04c-145221bae178-jpeg.112628

Hmmmm.......a mighty fine attempt at subterfuge on the part of our salty seaman here.....yes this here watch does look a wee bit like a porthole.......but it doesn't look like one here on the HMS Watch Wars!!!! This here ship ain't got no fancy metal portholes....NO!!! We get's by just fine with the trusty slabs of sea-soaked wood that make up this here fine ship.....because who doesn't want to be out on the high seas for many a month and only have water-logged wood between them and the icy depths? NO man, says I!

Steppin' up next for inspection is this fine seaman.....First Mate Dave.....of the I like sand in my crack and sometimes the crabs too variety:

img_1096-jpeg.112635

Aye....this here be another attempt to confound your trusty Captain. This here trinket don't look to be nautical....but wisely, the seaman quickly offered up the tasty nugget that this here watch be covered in oyster shell!! Well, that looks lovely to my eye.......but avast!!! What is this?? New York Harbor??? I hear they make salsa near there....and that's no good for any honest pirate to be abiding to......29 paces on a 14 pace plank, ye scurvy dog.

Arrrr...the next seaman steps forward...present ye wrist for inspection....it's Mark....of the Blow the man down variety:

img-2402-jpg.112639

Parlay!!! I demand Parlay so's I can invoke the code of the sea...which clearly states that no man or fish may present the same watch for more than one contest on these here open seas......and I impose the harshest of punishments upon ye.....two lifetimes of hard labor on the HMS Watch Wars....chained to the bow....upside down!!!.....as a warning to the others that may hold mutiny in their lily livered hearts. I do admit that I take a keen fancy in this here fine jewel....but the rules are the rules!!! And without rules....we'd be lost at sea!!! Also...that be 08:00 to ye, you rum-soaked scallywag!!

Our next seaman steps forward......It be Ed....of the run him through with a cutlass and he'll rise again from the depths variety:

Ahoy!! This be the worst display of a seaman's watch to ever pass before my eye.....but Ed doesn't get the heave-ho......rather, we raise the mizzenmast for ye.... It be good to see ye out of sickbay and up and about...hope they didn't give ye a pegleg while ye were in there....mine itches sometimes....late at night, when the mermaids be about.....but that's another tale for another voyage. Still....we may have to set you adrift on a dinghy with a slow leak for your insubordination.......we can't have slackers here on the HMS Watch Wars!!!

Alright, ye Scurvy scum....let's hoist up the Jolly Roger and declare us a winner of this here contest........for today, it's................

@BarberDave

That oyster shell booty looks might fine.....mighty fine, indeed.

Well, me matey's.......it be seven bells...time to go.....on shore leave. I'll be taken the next 3 days off to go see to the memorial of my dear departed shipmate. But fear not....Captain Heysi will be seeing ya before the tide rises again on monday. So come on back then, when our plunder will be.......Dress watches. Let's see watcha wear when you want to impress the wenches.

Until then....drink up me hearties, yo ho!!!

No metal portholes? Tough to get a seal with those palm trees you got out there.

No Watch for me today. Just got home from Surgery.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sorry to hear about that, I can relate , we ( my wife was the patient and i was with her ) just got back late Tuesday night from being in the hospital also..

Willy-nilly comes from the obsolete phrase will I, nill I, or "I am willing, I am unwilling." The original definition, "whether one likes it or not," gradually evolved into today's meaning. Along the way, variations on willy-nilly included "nilly-willy," "willing, nilling," and "William nilliam."

Wait, your judging is always a little willie-nilly. Do you mean dress-style watches? Or do you want us to dress our watches?
If you have a dress for your watch....it may win the grand prize....(grand prize not included)

Back