The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

TSC Watch List

I know that all my fellow contestants wait with bated breath each morning for my watch entry. However, for tomorrow and possibly Monday, I will bow out and allow someone else to win as I will be wearing a watch that I have been chasing for the better part of five years. Thank you to all my adoring fans.🤪🤪🤪😇😂

I know that all my fellow contestants wait with bated breath each morning for my watch entry. However, for tomorrow and possibly Monday, I will bow out and allow someone else to win as I will be wearing a watch that I have been chasing for the better part of five years. Thank you to all my adoring fans.🤪🤪🤪😇😂
oh...I can postpone taping of the next show until you're done hanging out with your new girlfriend. Besides....you helped with the theme.

I know that all my fellow contestants wait with bated breath each morning for my watch entry. However, for tomorrow and possibly Monday, I will bow out and allow someone else to win as I will be wearing a watch that I have been chasing for the better part of five years. Thank you to all my adoring fans.[emoji2957][emoji2957][emoji2957][emoji56][emoji23]

Let us see your Grail if you not to Busy for us Common Folk. Enjoy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oh...I can postpone taping of the next show until you're done hanging out with your new girlfriend. Besides....you helped with the theme.
No, of course not continue the game, because the game must go on even if it’s without your horological celebrity 😂😂😂😂

Welcome to Watch Wars...Lume edition.....hang on....that name makes me think of the lady selling deodorant for her whoo-ha.......lets go with the unscientific Glow In The Dark edition!!!

It shines like a beacon in the night.....calling moths and predators from miles around (no...we're not still talking about the Lume lady).......plus you can amaze your friends.

Glowing watch faces are super cool....super awesome....and super hard to photograph.....let's see if our contestants can pull this one off.

First up......and beaming like the early morning sunshine that he is...it's Rich...of the DayGlow personality variety:

img_0361-jpeg.112146

Whoa!!! Rich is trying to be seen from space with this thing. If I'm ever lost in the woods at night....I want Rich's wrist there with me (hang on....that sounds way dirtier than I thought it would sound). This is a Glow In The Dark on steroids. Let's hope this is how Rich bought this watch and not a result of Rich going too close to several nuclear reactors. This watch should come with a warning sign.

The next light in the darkness is Dave.....of the Light in The Darkness variety:

img_0979-jpeg.112182

Oh MY!!! That is soooooo cool!!! It might not be as useful for landing planes as Rich's watch but if you needed to know what time it was in the pitch black darkness of the night....this would really do the trick. Plus the face is very nice. I like the simplicity. And the way the hands seem to float...very cool. Add in the glowy bezel ticks and this is a super looking watch.

The next ray of sunshine is Mark....of the Bee-bob-a-loola variety:

1685708727293.png

Hmmm.....seems Mark missed the memo.....or.....he's reached the end of his patience for my nonsense (that's completely fair) and didn't bring a Glow In The Dark watch.....or maybe he did and he just couldn't get a good photo. Either way......this (sadly) gets a zero from the judges (Mark's going to be super bummed if we have the ocean as a theme .......because this would be a contender).

Here we have Dave....of the Beacon on the Hill.....overlooking the airport...variety:

dbe0e907-d903-48a8-8df4-a77014cc9346-jpeg.112189

Hey, that's cool....and I see what Dave is trying to do with the light up numbers......but he's also hoping I won't notice the incredibly offensive Giants colors!!!! Nice try, Dave. The baseball-esque leather band is nice but also gives away the Giants-ness. This one should be lights out!

Up next is Ed...of the Sunny Disposition variety:

477da960f414b625607237276f3dc841.jpg

Wow!! That one is easy to read......Ed might be Iron Man......or full of that stuff they use to make you glow during an x-ray. Again, I dig the glowy hands. Definitely cool.

Ok....the Chicken Fettuccini (homemade) is nuked and ready to enjoy...so let's choose a winner.

It's....... @BarberDave

I think the glowy extra ticks on the bezel put this one over the top for me today. But everyone (except Mark) brought some neat pieces.

Tomorrow's Theme...........in honor of our on-the-mend brother @Graybeard57 .....how about we go with open faced watches that show off all the internal workings and gears and plumbing. Bruce's pipes are looking good but how are the rest of the Cadre's??

See you all tomorrow.....or as @GearNoir would say.......ITS FRIDAY!!!!!!!
I like glowy things! Congrats Barber Dave!

Back