The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

TSC Watch List

I have not found any Skeleton face watches that I like. So I’m out on this one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Watch Wars...the open chest edition!!

Gears and springs and screws and pins......the inside of a watch is a messy place....but it's also very beautiful. The precision, the exactness, the constant motion.

In honor of the successful plumbing adjustment of our Carde Brother @Graybeard57 let's have a look behind the lovely faces and see what's happening underneath.

First up is our own version of Super Mario....Rich:

img_0364-jpeg.112241

Ok.........I (seriously) laughed for 5 minutes looking at this one. Rich.....you win the Silly Award for the day......in fact....it's a Lifetime Achievement award. Please pick it up where ever better awards are sold. That's hilarious.

Our next contestant is Dave....of the he's possibly seen a thing or two variety:

716ca4df-5dc2-434e-8e21-a30f257fd10d-jpeg.112242

Yep.....that's the gear show I was looking for. Man that thing is intricate. It's too bad this isn't a video of the movement....that would be sweeeet!! Even the little bit of face that's visible is cool. And I like that leather band. Awesome!

Our next entry is from Professor Horological himself...Dave...of the rules are made to be broken variety:

img_1029-jpeg.112243

Yep....he said he was going to bow out of today's contest (after he helped me pick the theme) because he got something new and shiny.......I see how it is......the new girl is in town and the rest of us get kicked to the corner......that's not how Bros are supposed to watch out for each other. Plus.......not a single gear or pin in view. No Bro card for you...and no points on the judge's cards either (plus...now he can't use this for monday's theme: Super fancy expensive watches you've always wanted to own and finally do.........BTW...the box it came in is super cool).

Next up is Mark.....of the Rock N Roll all night....and also every day....because that's a way better thing....variety:

img-2346-jpg.112246

Nope....it looks like I've lost Mark.....he's done with my silliness.....couldn't take it one more day and bailed out yesterday and today. Again....this is a super entry for Divers......which sadly now can't be submitted in the future....although let's be honest....my memory sucks so he might be able to get it past me. Maybe.

Well....lunch has arrived and the judge's are hangry (mostly at a member that keeps posting offensive baseball team logos).....so let's get this contest wrapped up for today......the winner is....

@NurseDave

Ironic....isn't it? He intentionally annoys me and yet....I like his watch best.....I am an enigma, wrapped in a mystery, coated in chocolate and layered with a tasty candy shell.

Well, that's all the time we have for Watch Wars this week....enjoy your weekend and we'll see you on monday when our theme will be.....................

GOLD!!

Pretty sure you can still post your watch, even if you don't follow heysi's side quest.
Good point.....I'm not taking over this thread....just adding silliness to it. Please continue to post watch photos. I may still judge them......until I get tired of this bad joke.

Back