The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

TSC Watch List

Back to "Steven's ( @heysi ) Watchapalooza Game Show" Ruining Horology for the Masses.
Military Day:

One from the Archive today and one that I had most of my military career as the mileage shows, LOL

Officine Panerai started in 1876 with one small repair shop in the Florence area. In 1935 the Italian Royal Navy, secretly chose Panerai to develop a dive watch for their submariners. Simple, large and readable in all lighting conditions and a specific styled Crown guard to protect the watch. These are made like tanks.

05.30.2023.jpg

Anyone else feel dirty every time B Dave says "horology"?
I find it...

giphy.gif

Back to "Steven's ( @heysi ) Watchapalooza Game Show" Ruining Horology for the Masses.

I try to make the most boring hobby ever seem like fun and you attack me? Now that's gratitude. And may reflect on the judging of today's contest....and tomorrow's and the day after and the day after and the day after.....

I try to make the most boring hobby ever seem like fun and you attack me? Now that's gratitude. And may reflect on the judging of today's contest....and tomorrow's and the day after and the day after and the day after.....
Sounds fair to me

I present for your consideration, the Help for Heroes special edition from Spinnaker. Not only did profits from this watch go to an organization that provides substance abuse and mental health support for active and retired military and first responders, but Spinnaker also offers a discount to these same folks.
B093DFEE-F346-4D75-A044-61D888EBD970.jpeg

Well this game show may get cancelled due to poor ratings then. Dont threaten the network, We drink Scotch, smoke cigars, and know things. Also we have ban buttons and switches to do things to you

Last edited:
not to mention... how long as Star Wars been around, as compared to the Watch Hobby? Plus you collect Children's Toys... as an adult. At least if you collected Star Trek items you would be socially acceptable. Otherwise you are just creepy
:ROFLMAO:

Welcome to Watch Wars...Military edition.

They keep us safe.....they blow up stuff.....they make lots of noise (I lived near an Airforce base.....they need to not be so loud).

But without the Military, we'd be unsafe, unfree and probably speaking German.

So let's see some watches that honor and display the greatness of our Military.

First up is.......some guy that was once in the military.....Dave...of the Airforce variety:

05-30-2023-jpg.112049

Hey...cool watch...and a cool story about its creation. This watch has seen some stuff in its day. Nice simple face and it will certainly get the job done on a lonely night keeping watch over.....some fence. Not bad. Now if the guy wearing the watch could be nicer to the judges.....

Our next contestant is Dave....of the Bay Area Brigade variety:

b093dfee-f346-4d75-a044-61d888ebd970-jpeg.112051

Nice looking watch...matchy matchy on the band and hands.....I likey. Plus....anything that donates to help with the mental health of our Military and First Responders is a good thing.

Up next is our man Ed.......of the Rough and Tumble doesn't even begin to cover it variety:

a78291b00fda260ff8caf037d30fd0a8.jpg

This Salutes the Military just fine. A bit of Camo green....I like it. Ed knows how to honor our fine fighting forces.

Well, the leftover chicken has been microwaved and it's time for the judging to commence.....today's winner.....

@ED3054

While the matchy matchy band of @NurseDave and the classic styling of @BarberDave could also have won this one.....the Camo takes the victory.

That's all the time we have for Watch Wars....join us tomorrow when our theme will be.......

....Players Choice.

Back