The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

TSC Watch List

summer theme huh?
Well picture the Caribbean waters cool breeze tasty umbrella drinks, loose linen shirts, wayfarers, shorts and flip flops. With some reggae, a steel drum, Jimmy Buffett and this watch. We don’t need numbers or a date as we are on i’land time mon!
E2FC152B-9385-48C0-B46C-2CF780A18BAB.jpeg

Watch Wars....Summer edition!!

Suns out.......buns out (yeah, that has nothing to do with watches but I couldn't make a rhyme that was watchy....not all of this humor is golden)

It's been getting warm all over (well, maybe not where @Fenster lives) and it's expected to get up to the high 90's here in Vegas (which really helps out with our possible Hockey finals) so lets all enjoy this early summer and look at some summer type watches.

First up.....and I mean up super early....is Ed....of the chillin' in a hammock variety:

bb6622753fd435989eac181382c1c032.jpg

Ok...Ed gets what I'm going for with this theme. That looks like the sun....and it's a great looking watch, plus he took his picture outside so he's already up and out there enjoying his day. Ed is doing it right.

Next up we have Dave....of the burn off that Frisco marine layer variety:

0dba49c0-5460-4f36-a7e9-f0dd51a51e47-jpeg.111753

Hey....that's a summertime watch....Mrs. NurseDave is not wrong (and when has she ever been?) but that really does say ocean and summer to me. I like the face. Very cool. It feels really relaxed and laid back to me. But let's be honest.....there's no Pantone 294 on that watch. That's shameless pandering.....and we love it.

Up next, it's Rich......of the Vacy, All Day variety:

image-jpg.111766

Well....this is intriguing.....it doesn't scream summertime at me.....its more of a What the heck is that? Kinda cool...and I suspect that Rich put this together himself....impressive but not as summery as I was hoping for from the current leader of this here competition (who knew Rich would be silently leading?)

Coming up next is Dave....of the Coppertone tan (on his little girly buns) variety:

e2fc152b-9385-48c0-b46c-2cf780a18bab-jpeg.111770

Very nice. That's a summertime watch.....but what's with the embellishments?? If this watch can't stand on it's own......then you're just distracting from the awesome watchiness. That blue is the kind of blue only seen on beaches in Hawaii....and I like it. Makes me wanna dive in.

So....the Judges have had their lunch and are very relaxed and are ready to award the sunniest summertime award there is to.....

@NurseDave

Nice job today fellas. I liked every watch today...and there was only a few incidents of taunting the judges (a welcome change of pace).

That's all the time we have for Watch Wars.......see you tomorrow when our theme will be.......What The Heck Is That Thing? (and no.....posting pictures of Chad is not a valid entry).

Wow!!!!!I just looked up today's winner....and it GLOWS IN THE DARK!!!! Of course, there's no way I would spend that much for a watch....but that is super cool. I may have to have Glow in the dark as a future theme.

1685043963587.png

That much mor a watch. Hahahah you are so cute
I said before that my upper limit on a watch is @$200. I'm not in any danger of a watch CEC attack. You guys enjoy your spendy watches (and it one of the reasons I like coming to this thread) but I'm down here in cheapville not knowing what tome it is.

I said before that my upper limit on a watch is @$200. I'm not in any danger of a watch CEC attack. You guys enjoy your spendy watches (and it one of the reasons I like coming to this thread) but I'm down here in cheapville not knowing what tome it is.
No, but you may be at risk for a CEC watch delivery😜😜😜

WTH Watch Day!
“Thar be Dragons Here”
IMG_0906.jpeg
yes WTH. Almost 1.5 lbs of Dragon goodness. The only Watch I own that can be used as a weapon for cracking skulls, and a diving weight. An LE with a Swiss eta movement and part of the Sub-Aqua NOMA III. 65mm and 22 mm thick LOL I bought for the Dragon and the Black Mother of Pearl. Hardly ever wear as I have to be in traction for a week. So this is not only WTH, but…

“Do Not Mess in the Affairs in Dragon, For Thou are Crunchy and taste good with Ketchup”

WTH Watch Day!
“Thar be Dragons Here”
View attachment 111813
yes WTH. Almost 1.5 lbs of Dragon goodness. The only Watch I own that can be used as a weapon for cracking skulls, and a diving weight. An LE with a Swiss eta movement and part of the Sub-Aqua NOMA III. 65mm and 22 mm thick LOL I bought for the Dragon and the Black Mother of Pearl. Hardly ever wear as I have to be in traction for a week. So this is not only WTH, but…

“Do Not Mess in the Affairs in Dragon, For Thou are Crunchy and taste good with Ketchup”
Wow, how drunk do you have to be to buy that???

Back