The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

TSC Watch List

May finally get the chance to make the trip out to the nearest Tudor AD this weekend to get eyes/wrist on the BB58! If there are any AD faux pas I should be aware of, let me know! I’ve never done this before 😂

If this watch (or anything similar) ends up not jiving well, I may just look for a vintage Omega or blind buy a Steinhart after all.

May finally get the chance to make the trip out to the nearest Tudor AD this weekend to get eyes/wrist on the BB58! If there are any AD faux pas I should be aware of, let me know! I’ve never done this before 😂

If this watch (or anything similar) ends up not jiving well, I may just look for a vintage Omega or blind buy a Steinhart after all.
It would be helpful to me if you bought this used one I’ve been eyeballing.
25EC82DB-0A91-4B9E-9532-D2034D9D86E0.jpeg

Watch Wars......What The Heck Is That? edition.

It scares children, it breaks the laws of nature, it drinks from the hose....and survives. It may keep perfect time but......what the heck is that???

Our first curiosity.....is Rich...of the girls....keep away from that tentacle of his (interpret that as you see fit.....and if you know Rich......there's several interpretations) variety:

image-jpg.111786

Whoa.....it looks normal (like Rich) but on closer inspection.......WHHHHHAAATTT???? That is odd (the watch....not Rich). It's like there's something just floating there....waiting to be wiped off the face of the watch....but it's under the crystal.....must be maddening...like a hair on your phone screen. But hey, it's a cool looking watch. And I do like that band.

Up next is our most curious oddity....Dave....of the they let him go outside with that on? variety:

img_0906-jpeg.111813

OMG!!! Now that's what I'm talking about.....what the heck is that? It's got a dragon on the face.....that you can see gears through.....it's got a strange band (dragon scale-ish, I'm guessing)...it's got three strange bumps on the bezel that are 120 degrees apart (yes, there is a little bit of math in each and every show). This one takes the cake for oddities (and I'm talking about the watch....not the owner....or am I?)

Our next oddity.....is Dave...of the they outlawed the circus but the freaks still visit our town variety:

c0941be1-aa64-49be-bf08-b18e372e75b0-jpeg.111827

Holy tarnation!! What in the flimmity-flam is that thing?? Does this even qualify as a watch? I suppose....it does have a very small sized dial in the middle (no numbers I see....keeping up the theme)....not good for Dave to tell the time with as he usually has to put his glasses back on to read the comments during his live Shave With Dave show (we need more of those BTW!!!). But let's just ponder the Whaaaaaa???? of this "watch".......it's like looking at the inside of a clock tower....but it's on his (very hairy) arm. It says it has Double Balance....are we sure that's NOT a marketing ploy? The color is striking...all black and silver and a touch of gold and bit of white thrown in for contrast. I'm willing to bet that I DON'T want to see the price of this one. Oh and the leather band is nice.

Well....the leftover pizza has been nuked and the judges are ready to declare a freak winner...............

@NurseDave

This one could have gone to anyone of these bizzaro watches......but that "no-watch" watch takes it today.

Join us next Tuesday when our theme will be.......................the Military (in honor of the Fallen and all they've given to keep us free).

Keep on Tickin'

Back