The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

TSC Watch List

It died already?!
It's actually funny, I don't think it could stay up to the intense stress of me putting it on this morning. It was working then, and I was actually going to comment on how great it was at keeping time. Then at work, I noticed it had stopped. If I mess with it. it will run for a while. You know these high-performance things just like a Formula 1 car. If just one little thing is off it doesn't run right.

It was all Yellow.....they call me mellow yellow....we all live in a yellow submarine.....

Its the color of straw...its the color of sunflowers....its the color of corn....

But is it the color of lovely looking watches? Let's find out....on Watch Wars, Yellow edition!!

First up we have Dave.........of the color of strained peaches variety:

36744fda-e058-429b-8134-eb5df9e370e7-jpeg.111245

Ok....see, gold is a yellow color. Perfect example of thinking ahead of the theme. I must say...this is a nice looking piece. Clean, simple face. It has numbers!!!!! And it's a stunner. The band looks pinchy....but that's just me. Dave steps back into the competition.

Our second contestant is Ed....of the no visible yellow in his arm tattoo:

b9f0486a9a842a5f07133236bc676836.jpg

See....now this is a yellow watch. I actually kinda like this one. Could use a few more numbers and Ed has that sweet looking band. I just wonder if he has to wave away the bees when he's out in his yard with this sunflower watch.

Third contestant is Rich......of the sweet sip of lemonade variety:

image-jpg.111255

ok......this made me laugh. Totally not in theme. But kudos for the laugh. Rich is bringing the funny when he isn't brining the fire. It is a nice watch. Again...where are the numbers????

Our fourth contestant today is Dave.....of the Yellow Leadbetter variety (I have no idea what that even means but I've run out of yellow things)

4bfb3d35-3fbe-4eb1-972d-9c5c4722c350-jpeg.111260

My god........Dave isn't even trying anymore. He hasn't won in nearly two weeks and he's just tanking his entries each and every day. Kinda sad. He had such promise. And this watch isn't even functioning. It gave up as well. Pathetic. It does look nice. So there's that. But come on Dave.....get with the program. Oh wait.....is Dave playing a strategy game here? Is he purposely sand-bagging these contests so he can come back strong in next weeks battles?? He is tricksy. We will have to see if Dave is deceiving us on purpose or not.

So...the judges have their baked ziti microwaved and they have decided to award today's victory to.....

@ED3054

Nice work sir!

Tomorrow's theme (since someone had to complain that today's theme was only for middle school aged girls) is Manly watches.

Let me set the scene for you. On July 26, 1972, test pilot and astronaut Dave Scott was strapped to Apollo 15 and launched out of Earth orbit by the Saturn V rocket with the moon as his destination. Later during this mission, poor Dave finds the crystal on his cheap a$$ Omega had popped out. What is a Dave to do? He replaces it with an experimental Bulova for his next EVA. He then wears said watch on the surface of the moon for 4 hours, 49 minutes, and 50 seconds. During this time he is filmed repeating Galileo's experiment by dropping a hammer and a feather and watching them hit the lunar surface at the same time.

Test pilot, astronaut, 7.5 million pounds of thrust, a 17th century astronomer, what is more manly than that!?!?!

65E5F193-0B7E-4071-A18D-C0E99EFC2B7A.jpeg
1684424103285.png

Back