The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

TSC Watch List

Eh, you're lucky I actually wore one that was a gift. And it's got flippin' numbers on it! I see where a good backstory got me yesterday. My skills are wasted here. ;)
Ok Grumpy Gus, don’t think we know what your doing with your pouty lips trying to get Monty to give you what is behind Door #3

You need your breakfast burrito and a cup of Joe😎

@Majorrich hey master of all that is leeeeegit. Have you ever had an order on Ali Express that just didn't ship and then they refunded you?

Wrapped in a ribbon, tied with a bow, sealed with a kiss....

Gifts are the best thing, ever (well, except for a nice MLT...mutton, lettuce and tomato sandwich when the mutton is so nice and lean and the tomato is ripe....they're so perky...but I digress)...

Welcome to Watch Wars...Gift edition:

Our first contestant.......he's up early....mainly because he lives farther east than the rest of us and he doesn't have a job (bum....lucky...but a bum)

It's Rich.....of the always on time for everything because he's always wearing a watch variety:

img_0346-jpeg.111379

Very nice. And a gift from Dad...extra nice. It's a year younger than I am and that makes it cool.....69 (snicker). The face is simple. The lack of numbers would normally bug me....but you guys are wearing me down......I'm starting to.....i'm not going to say "accept" because you'll give me grief (I'm looking at you NurseDave) .......let's say I'll acknowledge that no numbers isn't so bad and we'll move on. I like the band, doesn't look as pinchy. Rich may not have as many watches as the Dave's but he has some high caliber pieces.

Next up......Dave.....of the gift that keeps on giving variety:

eaf35208-c53e-426a-8b7c-ca8088bb4c95-jpeg.111393

..and I mean that literally....because he already used this watch (and won) in a previous contest. It's a lovely piece and the fact that @AvocadoQueen was involved gives it extra bonus points (she's the real winner in that couple) but for a guy that has so many watches......this can't be the only watch you pull out every 18 contests. Try harder.

Next up is Dave.....of the hey there, hi there, ho there variety:

82f3d6dc-2179-4aac-89aa-d40f211f06ff-jpeg.111397

Quite nice....but where's the story morning glory? This gets an A in presentation and a zero in details. I'm hoping that as the day moves toward lunch that we'll get more info or its going to be a pass from me...dog.

**edit

....seems Dave is upset that I didn't give his story telling skills any bonus points yesterday so he's taking his ball(s) and going home. Come on buddy.....that's not how we do around here.

**another edit

Well, Dave...of the See ya Real Soon (not!) variety didn't come back and elaborate on his Mickey watch (I'm sure it was given to Dave by Ariel after she got her voice back from Ursula and was crafted from a whale bone using real dingle-hoppers)

So the judge's are sitting down with a delicious blend of mediterranean olives and artichokes (and a bit of mozzerella thrown in) for their lunch so it's time to award a winner...

@Majorrich

Rich's watch had a story and it wasn't already a winner (the Dave's are letting us all down....BOOOOOOOOO)

Maybe they'll think about what they've done here today over the weekend and will return to this thread with much more competitive attitudes.

Monday's theme......if our two returning champs can see fit to join us.....will be cars.

Have a great weekend....and we'll see ya soon on Watch Wars!!

Unfortunately the LM 5606 movement has a design flaw, some of the tiny delicate parts were made of plastic. 50+ years later I hesitate to get it serviced because some ham handed beginner like myself may break irreplaceable parts.

Back